Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 100 ft lbs to the tire. Under 1200cc’s

Compared to stock XB with bolt on's what cost per ft - lb? Lot's of torgue @ 4000 revs might be nice on a track bike but oh my tire wear went right out the back.

This is definitely a ball park rough estimate. I think 3 grand would get you just the parts needed to for an 1170 build. i have way more money in my build but for the sake of the question we'll go with 3 grand. My bike dynoed at 65 wheel tq with k&n, open airbox and jardine exhaust right after i first bought it. IF i was to hit the 100 wheel tq mark on this motor it would be about 35 ft lb increase. Around 85$ per wheel torque. As you can see this is not a great bang for the buck deal. Yes you get waaay more bang but you have to pay to play.

full done 1050 with NO labor is about $3500. that includes header, tb, exhaust, air box lid etc. Add another $1500 to that for the 1170. and thats with no crank work.

If everyone made good financial decisions, there'd be no racing.
    Should be a sticker.

LOL.

Even in these days of seemingly effortless HP, building an NA engine is still quite the art form. I commend the people that can and do. 'Murica

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    Man it's gonna be CLOSE. Friend of mine built this XB a couple months back:
    Attachment 13341
    Attachment 13342

Just barely eclipses 100lb/ft. It is a 1275 kit but I really don't remember him doing anything extravagant to it. Nothing one-off custom for sure. Lots and lots of tuning.
    Lots of them seem to live in the 80's unless there is a lot of work done.

Kind of like Cooter.

Now wondering what those numbers would be if it was a big bore XB12.

Quote Originally Posted by mike lowary View Post
    This is definitely a ball park rough estimate. I think 3 grand would get you just the parts needed to for an 1170 build. i have way more money in my build but for the sake of the question we'll go with 3 grand. My bike dynoed at 65 wheel tq with k&n, open airbox and jardine exhaust right after i first bought it. IF i was to hit the 100 wheel tq mark on this motor it would be about 35 ft lb increase. Around 85$ per wheel torque. As you can see this is not a great bang for the buck deal. Yes you get waaay more bang but you have to pay to play.

The issue is that you are already starting with a pretty hot rodded out motor.

If you were starting with a stock 883, there would be a LOT more payback.

Exactly. Well said my friend

Quote Originally Posted by outthere View Post
    Now wondering what those numbers would be if it was a big bore XB12.
    Same modifications I have but starting with a 12 motor would get 88”. Peak torque would be higher. Redline would be lower obviously. Peak horsepower I’m not sure. I think it would be close but the 9 motor would probably get more peak hp because of rpms. Riding both bikes back to back with said motors would be completely different feelings.

The 12 would feel like you could pull a house down. The 9 would feel like the power band never stops.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast