Thread: Stator

Stator

Stator is bad on my 9r. Wondering if anyone knows of a decent place to get a replacement? Tried searching but everything is old with a lot of broken links to companies no longer in business.

Unfortunately they do not make those anymore.

I did a google search for “Buell XB stator” and had no results.

I would check Twin Motorcycles in the Netherlands, they should have one left. Very nice and helpful guys there. I just bought a rear shock for my S1 from them.

Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Achaleon View Post
    Stator is bad on my 9r. Wondering if anyone knows of a decent place to get a replacement? Tried searching but everything is old with a lot of broken links to companies no longer in business.

INCLUDING MODEL YEAR won't help me but will immensely help others on here.
    and it goes like this:
    last year for 984cc firebolt was 2007 which means all XB9R models have a THREE PHASE stator.
    yours is bad? really? could be an improper testing procedure. could be a failing #77 A/B connector.

"they don't make those anymore"? LOL

BUELL 29971-02YA SUFFIX L11E---- LIST $148.90---- SEVERAL LEFT IN DEALER SUPPLY CHAIN.
    DRAG SPECIALTIES STATOR PART #2112-1229 a bit less expensive....also works nicely.

good luck

He is correct ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^, don't take this the wrong way but many new people come here with a problem that they think they have diagnosed correctly and put out a simple statement as above only to find out later that it was incorrect. Many days and dollars later they come back and start asking other questions because buying all those parts didn't fix the problem.
    So give some info on the bike like, mods done, year, how you diagnosed the problem, there is always a chance that it's something else.

Sorry for the confusion, ok let me clarify
    2004 Buell XB9r Firebolt
    Im looking for reputable companies that sell OEM or OEM comparable quality parts at a "reasonable price."
    I searched on the forum and the few threads I saw all pointed to companies no longer in existence.

To test the stator I unplugged it from the wiring harness and read the ohms using a multimeter. With the engine tuned off and grounded to the frame pin 1 reads 1.6 pin 2 reads 0 and pin 3 reads 0. Grounded to the battery is the same. These readings should all be 0
    With the engine off i put the ground in pin 1 and the positive in pin 2. Reading was 1.7 Pin 1 positive to pin 3 negative was .3 and pin 2 positive to pin 3 negative was 1.3 these readings should all be under .5

If you know of a better way to test it im open to suggestions.

There is a reputable company that sells OEM ones at a fair price.

It’s called Harley.

Sorry it’s not Dollar General.

https://st-paul-harley-davidson-buel...ors-/-lighting

here ya go OP. You wanted the product, now here it is. If you're certain its your stator that's bad go ahead and order this product. IF you want us to help confirm or deny your claim, tell us how you tested the stator in detail and we can confirm. I've done this process on my 2008 several times when I was chasing an electrical issue that ended up being the voltage regulator.

Just an FYI St. Paul Harley Davdidson has literally NEVER let me down, they have NEVER been out of stock on what I needed. I've ordered from them probably 4 or 5 times. Yes, its gonna suck spending 160-170 bucks with shipping but let me tell you, the peace of mind when you finish the install is going to be worth every dollar.

^^^ agreed.

I have had St Paul be out of something I ordered... once. Doug emailed me promptly and got me taken care of. I always wonder why people try to shortcut them to save a buck.