Thread: Firebold Upper Triple fit SCG forks and lower triple tree?

Firebold Upper Triple fit SCG forks and lower triple tree?

if I get the SCG lower at 41mm, will my firebolt upper fit? I've read some posts that all specifically talk about the scg forks and lower triple needing stay together at 41mm, but I haven't been able to find if the upper would fit the scg forks... are the firebolt uppers 43 and the scg forks 41 up top, won't fit?

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/17...g?v=1519331874

Yes it will fit, as long as it's the Firebolt triple and not the 1125r upper (the forks are spaced farther apart). The uppers all have the same diameter opening for the forks.
    Last edited by oh9bolt; 04-26-2020 at 05:56 PM.

Firebolt upper with cg forks.

How do you like it lowered? That Drummer can looks in pretty good shape. My muffler keeps lightly kissing the ground. I may raise it back up... or get off my butt and finish the low profile muffler project.

I love it, it's been on cg suspension for almost 10 years with no problems other than bottoming out the forks mainly going over train tracks.

I recently powder coated the Drummer that's why it looks new. I dont have what some refer to as the common dent on the bottom either. My Drummer, Bomberfab, and my Hawk never hit the ground. I always wondered do people go over speed bumps and dent them??
    Last edited by oh9bolt; 04-27-2020 at 03:35 PM.

oh9bolt's bike is always so damn clean. I bet he parks it in the living room and the SO doesn't even care

I'd guess the muffler nose dent is a most commonly speed bump thing. If you go over slow, the suspension compression will bang it. I'm guilty of doing that in low V-8 cars with long tube headers. Just a little more speed seems to do the trick Always the solution, right?

Bubbles and I were staying downtown Santa Barbara, and it had an automatic gate with a little triangle shaped track for the gate wheel, across the entrance. Just past that track was a dip in the concrete driveway. The perfect storm for her Scg to be going slow, dipped the front wheel in that divot , compressed the suspension, and BANG! The front edge of the Drummer caught that track, and over she went Thankfully she's an ATGATT hero and that pretty pretty bike is well protected too. Even going 7mph to 0 immediately is a heck of a lot of force!

Hahah nope it lives in the garage, I just take care of it I guess haha. It gets washed only a few times a year believe it or not, it gets quick detailed after every ride though

Quote Originally Posted by oh9bolt View Post
    I love it, it's been on cg suspension for almost 10 years with no problems other than bottoming out the forks mainly going over train tracks.

I recently powder coated the Drummer that's why it looks new. I dont have what some refer to as the common dent on the bottom either. My Drummer, Bomberfab, and my Hawk never hit the ground. I always wondered do people go over speed bumps and dent them??

Yeah, thats what was happening with mine. I thought at first that I didnt have the rear suspension set up correctly, but its right. I tend to smack the rear of muffler. The front has been clearing everything just fine.

This has been my only Buell with that issue, though.

I was thinking about taking that other exhaust I have and making it "low profile, by lopping off the bottom. The bottom sheetmetal was already trashed and needed to be replaced. I wouldnt feel too bad if it was the stock muffler, but I dont want to beat up a Race muffler.