Thread: ECM Droid Help

ECM Droid Help

Hi,

I have a 2009 xb12scg with 11k miles. Been doing a little forum hopping learning about afv values, etc. Trying to hopefully get a tune from the guys at buelltooth.com to help my bike to run properly.

I just purchased my bike a few weeks back and learned that the spark plugs were original, and it had no air filter whatsoever. I then replaced the plugs and purchased a K&N filter. The bike came with a jardine RT-4 exhaust which without an air filter may explain why it was running super rich?
    My afv (rear) which is the only one that shows up on ecmdroid is at 88.5%. I have not done much riding since you know I cannot get the bike registered or the title swapped over, thanks to this virus.

I was wondering if anyone could help me out in the proper direction. Do I need to download a race tune on my ecm, or do I need to ride my bike for 50 to 200 miles in hopes the ecm will correct it's own readings? I'm a little stuck because I made all these changes to the bike very quickly and just wondering if I am getting ahead of myself at all?

Quote Originally Posted by Schmitty View Post
    Hi,

I have a 2009 xb12scg with 11k miles. Been doing a little forum hopping learning about afv values, etc. Trying to hopefully get a tune from the guys at buelltooth.com to help my bike to run properly.

I just purchased my bike a few weeks back and learned that the spark plugs were original, and it had no air filter whatsoever. I then replaced the plugs and purchased a K&N filter. The bike came with a jardine RT-4 exhaust which without an air filter may explain why it was running super rich?
    My afv (rear) which is the only one that shows up on ecmdroid is at 88.5%. I have not done much riding since you know I cannot get the bike registered or the title swapped over, thanks to this virus.

I was wondering if anyone could help me out in the proper direction. Do I need to download a race tune on my ecm, or do I need to ride my bike for 50 to 200 miles in hopes the ecm will correct it's own readings? I'm a little stuck because I made all these changes to the bike very quickly and just wondering if I am getting ahead of myself at all?
    I'm by no means an ECM expert, but I did purchase a buelltooth and remap my bike with theirs when mine was running lean after purchase. I would think an open setup would cause a lean scenario, but who knows what yours is set to considering they removed the air cleaner entirely. Definitely save down your current map, and do a TPS reset and double check some settings like the trouble code masking and cooling fan temp settings. I've recently learned some mixed info on Buelltooth maps, but mine has seemed pretty dead on in terms of running smoothly, no decel popping, and 98.7 AFV.

Isn't there free tune out there you can download. AFV should be close to 100%

I tuned my bike with a "racemap" but still i had the problem that my bike had a low afv and low power in midrange.
    The "buelltooth man" told me to test open loop and what a explosion it was, running great all the way.

Testing open loop would mean it would deactivate the o2 sensor correct?

correct.