Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: Whats the value of these lighting parts ?!! Pics inside!

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    24

    Whats the value of these lighting parts ?!! Pics inside!

    Have some spare parts from a recent acquisition that im going to be listing on ebay here soon . Wanted to make sure my values were fair on the parts appreciate any input from members here . The lighting headlight , front shield and mount im going to ask 400 for everything. 150 for headlight 200 for the mount and assembly and then 50 for the shield .The airbox cover , front fender and lower fairing im going to ask 200 for everything . The Buell saddle bags im going to ask 150 . The license plate/rear fender signal setup im going to ask 100 . And the ignition and misc parts I have no idea. Are these prices fair ? Low ? Too high? im going to list them on ebay and local craigslist as they seem to be the best marketplace to get value out of them. Thanks for any help

    IMG_2107.jpgIMG_2108.jpgIMG_2105.jpg

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    126
    It's all junk, I'll pm my address and will dispose for price of shipping... Seriously though, I just finished looking for a cheap headlight and 100 bucks gets you a pretty well used one. This looks clean so probably 110-120. St-Paul HD is selling new for 145 I believe. Check them for new windscreen price as well and price accordingly. Chin spoilers are all over the place depending on condition, and obviously shipping is a bit bulky, I would check ebay. SPHD is selling just the center for 60 new. Not sure on tail/saddlebags, I believe 34nineteen just sold some saddlebags. Airbox cover is closer to 200, tall windscreen is aftermarket I believe closer to 60.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by RidetheLightning View Post
    It's all junk, I'll pm my address and will dispose for price of shipping... Seriously though, I just finished looking for a cheap headlight and 100 bucks gets you a pretty well used one. This looks clean so probably 110-120. St-Paul HD is selling new for 145 I believe. Check them for new windscreen price as well and price accordingly. Chin spoilers are all over the place depending on condition, and obviously shipping is a bit bulky, I would check ebay. SPHD is selling just the center for 60 new. Not sure on tail/saddlebags, I believe 34nineteen just sold some saddlebags. Airbox cover is closer to 200, tall windscreen is aftermarket I believe closer to 60.
    Thanks for the reply and info . The hardest part im having trouble pricing is probably the mount that is 2 pieces and bolts in the middle together against the triple tree that the headlight and face shield and speedo all attach too . I found one on ebay but the guy has it listed at 400$ for that pipe alone . Seems very high to me .

  4. #4
    Senior Member Cooter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Crawling up your skirt
    Posts
    8,047
    Pricing it in a for sale ad, and actually selling it, are 2 different things.

    You aren't gonna put little Timmy through college selling Buell parts. Theres too much easier to buy new.

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    Pricing it in a for sale ad, and actually selling it, are 2 different things.

    You aren't gonna put little Timmy through college selling Buell parts. Theres too much easier to buy new.
    Please post a link to a new mount for the headlight and speedo then ? Would like to compare what they go new for . Thanks have not been able to find a new one anywhere to price it off besides this eBay ad https://www.ebay.com/itm/164023235118
    Last edited by trexm3; 04-28-2020 at 08:20 PM.

  6. #6
    Senior Member Cooter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Crawling up your skirt
    Posts
    8,047
    I don't mean "specifically that one single part you are focused on right this second". I mean, as a whole, a person with Buell motorcycle, can find inexpensive parts, without too much trouble.

    Quote Originally Posted by trexm3 View Post
    ...the mount that is 2 pieces and bolts in the middle together against the triple tree that the headlight and face shield and speedo all attach too .
    Your link didn't work for me, so I'm guessing this thing for $25 new?

    https://sphdonline.com/products/m064...d90ad363&_ss=r

  7. #7
    Senior Member 34nineteen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    2,066
    He’s referrring to the modules there, Timmy!

    You run along and catch the bus now!

  8. #8
    Senior Member Cooter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Crawling up your skirt
    Posts
    8,047
    Ok then smart pants. The very first Google result is a brand new set is $440. Pricey yes. But also Brand New. Right from HD.

    https://st-paul-harley-davidson-buel...module-set-u5a

    And the very next result is an NOS NEW set on ebay. Sold at $191 a couple weeks ago.

    https://www.ebay.com/itm/NOS-NEW-BUE...D/133342509745

    OP is right. That guy is asking way too much. Time for Community Colludge.



    I must be WRONG!!! (But I'm still funny!)
    Last edited by Cooter; 04-29-2020 at 06:21 AM.

  9. #9
    Senior Member 34nineteen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    2,066
    I never understood what made those modules so spendy.


    Its just whatever the market will bear.

    The hiccup with those modules is that you’d have to crash pretty hard to damage those.... it would probably total out the bike. So, while they are expensive.... who would ever buy them?
    Last edited by 34nineteen; 04-29-2020 at 06:44 AM.

  10. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by 34nineteen View Post
    I never understood what made those modules so spendy.


    Its just whatever the market will bear.

    The hiccup with those modules is that you’d have to crash pretty hard to damage those.... it would probably total out the bike. So, while they are expensive.... who would ever buy them?
    Yea I figured it would be people trying to put a lightning front end on their fire bolt or something along those lines . Just seemed crazy price for what it was . I figured to get some info from you guys before I posted them up on eBay and Craigslist and sold them for way too cheap haha . Just trying to not have extra parts laying around the garage . I couldn’t find a good way to re install the lighting setup on my bike after stripping her down . The bolt front end on my bike was never going to work with the lightning Setup and I never got the stock triple tree to even have a remote chance of making it work . Learning the buell stuff as I go as My other sport bikes have always been ninjas or gsxrs



Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •