Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mini thrstrmech, relatively speaking

Mini thrstrmech, relatively speaking

well, its about time I go from lurker to poster again. I just picked up a mint 05 xb9sx with 6500 on the odometer. While this bikes new to me, buells in general have been a fascination since my old man picked up an 03 yellow as can be xb. From What I've seen he was a pretty good part of the buell family here and I hope to be as well. If anyone's wondering my old man thrstrmech got me hooked on buell and trust me I'm still trying to get him back on a buell now that he's rid of that fz09 disease ��

I just started my own little endeavor officially in the form of a machine shop pack precision, while working full time as a machinist at a weapons manufacturer in San Diego

I've already started to get the gears turning again on goodies for my xb. And I've seen the plethora of those who have tried successfully and not so successfuly to make useful and innovative parts as well as an oem alternatives to a dwindling spare parts stock. Its so Odd that I started this journey back in 2015 and now its official

I'd like to get an idea on parts people want or need as I start working on parts for my bike.

To wrap up this long post I'd like to say hello, and thanks for all the help this forum has already been and will continue to be !
    Last edited by buellster85; 05-06-2020 at 04:57 AM.

Congrats on the new bike. No pics?

As far as parts, I'm down for sliders. Good ones. Not ones that leverage off critical mounting fasteners. Obviously for more slow incidents. Just me . Everyone has their needs. A weapons machinists....we'll get along, I work at the post office.....

How about a carbon fiber ebr style front rotor.

Magnesium rear pulley also

One piece titanium header.

I’m just busted your chops man. I’m a machinist from Cincinnati. Pretty cool to see a 2nd gen bueller. I have two 03 xb9s’. Need any help with anything let me know.

Resized_20200328_174634(1).jpg

The first project is a billet air box delete plate so the translucent airbox cover can properly show off, might even make a low cost delrin version

Second is the front engine isolator because i just shelled out 140 bones for a new one and I can't leave anything alone, saw a design that used rubber rods in a circle pattern but saw its flaws and read the fail mode on them so I've been chatting with our engineer at work and think we might have some solid tweaks that might work better.

I'm all for magnesium parts, but man does it kill coolant life

Sliders are definitely something I've been thinking about because I don't like many of them on the market due to mounting locations.

Weapons machinist? I vote for an EM rail gun. Never know when a raccoon is gonna try to cross your path...

What about a license plate mounting bracket that brings the plate under the bike on a 45° angle and puts the reflector above it.

Raccoon or A hole driver who thinks they own the road right ???

Funny you mentioned the license plate, I was looking at that last night thinking about doing the fender delete and remember my old man had his mounted flat on battery tray and got hassled at least once because "it wasn't super visible" ill start playing with some ideas and maybe 3d print some to test out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast