Thread: Rear wheel bearing/wheel

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by BrutalBuell View Post

- all wiring was checked and confirmed no shorts or grounds
    what do you mean no "shorts or grounds"? Do you mean "no short circuits to ground"? Or literally no grounds? You need to have grounds to have a complete circuit.

- battery and stator are fine
    Fine as in how? Fine as in the battery worked great when new? or fine as in "I took the battery to a reputable battery shop (not an auto parts house) and had them fully charge and load test the battery with motorcycle battery specific test equipment". What did you test on the stator and what were your readings? Based on your first analysis, my guess is that you mean "the muffler and windscreen are fine".

Now the errors I’m getting are:

- F-R AF SYS ERROR so a P1047
    How did you get this error code without the Buelltooth? Or do you have another diagnostic tool? If so, then getting the Buelltooth isnt really going to help, as all it is, is just an device to allow the motorcycle to talk to another device via a bluetooth connection. You will need software or an app to actually access the trouble codes on your ECM.

- A fuel error (it only comes on while riding, so I wasn’t able to get it clearly)
    How did you get this error? How do you know its a fuel error? How can you get a specific code like you said above, but can not get a clear error code for this?

on the top right-hand of the readout cluster under the tacho there’s a count up(?) to 10?????
    What? Top right-hand readout cluster under the tacho? So, its on the top of the cluster, but under the tach? And nothing on the stock Buell cluster "counts up to 10".

It does have an aftermarket can on it but no idea if the ECM was configured to fit. What’s worse is I can’t see what brand the exhaust is there are no obvious markings. So my concern is that the ECM might need to be remapped.
    So, what map are you going to use? If you dont know what the muffler is you are just guessing. So before you think about remapping the ECM, you need to figure out the exhaust FIRST. What if the bike already has the correct map? . Hopefully your muffler is a aftermarket piece intended for the bike and not a $30 cheap eBay universal piece. Also, remapping the ECM is not going to fix the clogged strainer or gone entirely fuel pump. You are putting the cart ahead of the horse.

Then my other concern is that if the bike was stored for a while the strainer is clogged on the fuel pump or the pump is gone entirely, which would explain why the errors goes away after a while when riding.
    If the pump was gone entirely, the bike would not run.

It also does NOT explain why the error goes away after a while when riding. Nor does a clogged strainer get unclogged as you are riding. A clogged strainer may allow the bike just enough fuel to idle, but not be rideable (as that requires more fuel which a strainer will not allow if it was clogged).

And also if a fuel cleaner additive might be worthwhile. The way I see it, if the fuel filter is clogged and the additive cleans it a little and remove the errors then I’ll be focusing more on replacing the pump.
    A can of Seafoam will fix all of your above problems.
    You suspect you have a clogged strainer. You pour in some fuel cleaner and it cleans out the strainer. Where does that debris go? To the injectors. Great move. Pour two bottles of cleaner in there while you are at it, it may double your horsepower also.

While I’m waiting for the Buelltooth to come in I’m asking you all what your thoughts are?
    After reading this train wreck, do not work on your bike.

LASTLY, WHY THE F*CK IS THIS IN A THREAD ABOUT WHEEL BEARINGS???!?!?!!?!?!?
    Last edited by casual_observer; 05-16-2020 at 10:48 PM.