Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Recall bearings

Recall bearings

Ok so this time I checked through the site and found posts about recall bearings. The black ones. Does this mean that all bearings that are black are recalled or is it a select few. The reason I'm asking is I have some on the front of my bike and orange on the back. I got the best pictures I could of the bearing. Please tell me I can stick it to the dealer and get some money back from them20200506_180157.jpg
    20200506_180344.jpg

You should go to the dealer and demand they give you new bearings. Tell them you will report them to the INTERNET and no one will ever buy a Buell motorcycle if they don’t give you new bearings.

Stand firm. Be proud. Don’t take any crap when they act like you don’t know what you’re talking about. Just start raising your voice and flail around like a coked up rhesus monkey. They’ll listen. If the police show up, tell them to f*ck off.

Don’t back down. Ever.

That's hilarious. Well said!

Don't forget to tell them they'll never sell a Buell again.

Should I wear a mask

Are those OEM brgs that they installed ? If they are the original brgs and have the black seals then yes, you have a problem.

Motorcycles Affected
    All 2003 XB9R and XB9S models produced before November 7th, 2002.

GO TO THE DEALER AND DEMAND THEY HONOR THIS!!! TELL THEM TO LOOK UP THE RECALL INFORMATION ON THE FORUM. THESE DATES ARE ARBITRARY ANYHOW.

LET THEM KNOW YOU ARE A PROUD BUELL OWNER AND ARE NOT GOING TO TAKE ANY CRAP FROM A HARLEY DEALER. THERE IS NO DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A "SERVICE BULLETIN" AND A "RECALL". DONT BACK DOWN.

I dont know if they are original as I bought the bike used but it's a 2007 xb12s. So if it was just 2003 affected I should be good????
    Reading about the black bearing being recalled I wanted to make sure.the back bearings are orange.
    I picked up new front and back bearings from a local bearing dealer today $75 for all 4 so I think I did pretty good. You guys all know how to put the fear of god in a person lmao. They are brown centers so well see how the quality pans out

Meh. Are 17 YEAR OLD bearings a 2020 Harley-Davidson dealer problem? You'd think you guys were BMW owners (snicker)

IMO, that ship sailed a very, very, long time ago. Regardless of mileage, it's an obvious lack-of-maintenance issue now. Besides, they lasted this long!

Good due diligence on your part to research your new ride, and find a potential problem

Buy good bearings, install those bearings, enjoy beer. Life is too short for that kind of stress on a cheap used bike
    Last edited by Cooter; 05-09-2020 at 06:26 AM.

So, after that talk about “sticking it to the dealer”, you chose to let them off scot-free.

DID YOU EVEN BOTHER TO GO TO THE DEALER?

Comical.

Someone has their laced panties ALL in a twist.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast