Thread: 1995 Thunderbolt signed buy Eric

1995 Thunderbolt signed buy Eric

I haven't been on here in a while. I have had two Buell's in the past and just purchased a 1995 Thunderbolt with 3,200 miles on it. It was signed buy Eric Buell just after the guy bought it in 1995. After the bike was signed the owner didn't want to ride it and changed all the body work. Shortly after, he parked it in his garage and never road it again. I was all excited when I purchased it and was going to put on new tires and ride it. After cleaning it and putting back on the original body work I don't think it's the right thing to do. I don't need a project and am 72 years old so just buying a new bike would be better. I don't know what these are worth buy it needs to be preserved and not destroyed. I was looking for an idea as to what it may be worth.
    I will try and put up some picture's. It runs fine and is just the way it was new in 1995.
    Attached Images Attached Images

This is a very good looking bike, you should keep it and preserve its legacy. The Facebook Buell forums are full of people who would love nothing better than to extend the swingarm, cut off the muffler, and slather it with Monster energy drink decals.

If you truly want to preserve the bike, but do not want to keep it, you should reach out to a automotive/motorcycle museum and donate it.

If you just sell it to some random person, you are likely just leading a lamb to the slaughter.

Its your choice of what you want to do, as it is your bike.... but you can't have your cake and eat it.

Thanks for your response.
    I understand and I am contacting a museum near me now. Like you say seeing someone cut it up to make it cool would be terrible.
    I still have had no response as to it's value. I don't know were to look other than on here.

The tube frame experts live on the other forum. www.badweatherbikers.com.

Yup. Badweb is tuber heaven. Tons of smart dudes on there.

Thanks I will give it a try.

Well it seams that I thought more of this old Buell than anyone else. I hated to get it registered and give up the original title but that's how it goes sometimes.
    I have put on around two hundred miles and it's running fine. I am still cleaning and working out little things. I have a new set of tires ready to go on when I get the chance to work on it.
    It's hard to belive that everything works fine. Lights, shifting, cluch, brakes all like it should. Finding parts may be a prolbum but so much is Sportster I am sure I will find anything I need.
    All in all I am kind of glad that I still have it. It turns heads. I went buy a guy tonight on a Ducati and he was looking like he didn't know what it was.
    Just wanted to give a heads up on what happened.

Ride it and enjoy.