Thread: XB9S Bearings, Front & Rear, thinking about replacing...

XB9S Bearings, Front & Rear, thinking about replacing...

Good morning everyone,

Hope you all had a great Mother's Day weekend! Anyway, this weekend I read a FB post about an XB9S owner that, "woke up in the hospital" and had no clue what happened. The rider apparently was on the freeway when she spilled. Another XB owner responded to her saying that he's had his bearings "lock under load", in his case being at 130 mph on his XB12S. Soooo, who knows what actually happened to either but I have noticed many threads, here, discussing bearing issues so I'm thinking I'd like to replace mine since I've got 24K on my XB9S. Why not be preventative!?!?!

Anyone have recommendations on a great quality bearing set, front and back? I'm also curious if anyone has insight into bearings freezing-up.

Thanks,

Dan

If I recall correctly, there is a gentleman on here who sells XB wheel bearing sets, along with various hard to find Buell items, like a fuel pump kit.

Thanks Casual Observer, I actually pulled the trigger on a set from St Paul Buell-HD since posting this. I keep running into threads talking about the nightmarish locked-up bearing stories!...not going on the freeway until I get these swapped out!

Wow! I never heard about Buell wheel bearings locking up!? But I don't FB...

Scary stuff They do like to fail fast with a new belt replacement, and I always swap in new ones when I put on new tires. Cheap insurance.