Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Code 13 Always lean

Quote Originally Posted by mmcn49 View Post
    Replace the Throttle Body seals with Genuine James seals, don't use the HD seals. You can purchase GJ seals from St. Paul HD/Buell. I tuned my 07TT with the old ECMSpy and Megalog Viewer. Things worked out pretty well. Are you using the old ECMSpy on your 06?
    I'm about to do intake seals as well, and noticed there are two types of James intake seals on SPHD. Blues sound like they are better but can be finnicky to install.

Since you are going to rotate the motor, it shouldnt be bad installing the James blue seals. However, if the motor is not going to be rotated, the stock Harley seals are probably the better bet. Even if you want to do the blue seals, you may want to also pick up a set of Harley OE seals (they are cheap from Harley and even cheaper from any independent shop), just in case you realize the James seals arent going to work out.

I only have experience with the Blue James seals. IMO they are a great product. Have no experience with the Black G.J. seals so I can't comment. They resemble the HD seals.

I own two 07-XB12STT's. The stock HD seals started leaking around 10K miles on both bikes. They IMO are junk. Unless they've been revised and improved considerably I would not use.

The blue seals are not overly difficult to install especially with the engine rolled. I did one bike with the engine unrolled but it was up on a table lift. It took longer to do and was a little more difficult but not impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by mmcn49 View Post
    I only have experience with the Blue James seals. IMO they are a great product. Have no experience with the Black G.J. seals so I can't comment. They resemble the HD seals.

I own two 07-XB12STT's. The stock HD seals started leaking around 10K miles on both bikes. They IMO are junk. Unless they've been revised and improved considerably I would not use.

The blue seals are not overly difficult to install especially with the engine rolled. I did one bike with the engine unrolled but it was up on a table lift. It took longer to do and was a little more difficult but not impossible.
    Ha! I'm calling you next time I do a set without a rotate! I found it to be a huge PITA with the James Blue seals (with the lip). I couldnt get the intake to sit squarely over the ports due to the lips. I'm not saying they are not a great product, just the situation made them more difficult to install than I was willing to deal with. I also didnt want to have to go back in if there was a problem. On my Sportster I'd choose them any day.

This allen wrench, Yost Performance Intake Manifold Wrench WRNB, $13 on Amazon. A thin film of Superlube on the seals and a Table Lift did the trick.

This has to be a case of old versus young and innovative ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^.

Ordered one thanks. Not through Amazon

Quote Originally Posted by njloco View Post
    This has to be a case of old versus young and innovative ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^.
    How about Experienced and Innovative Vs Young.

Quote Originally Posted by 34nineteen View Post
    ha! I'm calling you next time i do a set without a rotate! I found it to be a huge pita with the james blue seals (with the lip). I couldnt get the intake to sit squarely over the ports due to the lips. I'm not saying they are not a great product, just the situation made them more difficult to install than i was willing to deal with. I also didnt want to have to go back in if there was a problem. On my sportster i'd choose them any day.
    wow how helpless are you? If you spent half as much time actually working on the bike than whining about it, you may get something done.

and you wonder why some think most of you replys suck

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast