Hi all, sorry for my first post to be a "problem" post. I recently picked up a 2009 XB12R, a bike I've always wanted. Immediately had to put on a rotor, went with the EBR 5mm and hardware, and EBC HH pads.

Bike is bone stock black and red, I love it. Sat for 5 years. Had a few hiccups and cel, but only the first hundred miles. I have about 600 miles on it and been loving it, but get the occasional cel while riding. Maybe 5 seconds, then off. No codes stored.

Today, every time I start it, very slow to crank resets clock and trip.

I figured a bad ground, cleaned, tightened, and dielectric greased the ground bolt in the neck, the battery connections, the frame tie braided cable, and the ground to frame just off the negative battery terminal. I also wrapped the braided cable under the airbox in electrical tape.

Battery is showing 13.6v across the terminals ignition off and 12.4ish at any rpm from idle to 4k.

Did I miss a ground? Any ideas? I like to ride far from home and this is making me a little nervous. Most of my rides are at least 50 miles and I ride it pretty good.

Thanks in advance.