Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rear Brake Reservoir elbow connecting remote reservoir hose

Rear Brake Reservoir elbow connecting remote reservoir hose

I pulled my rear wheel to replace my tire, wheel bearings, and belt on my 04 XB12S. In the process the plastic elbow connecting the remote reservoir hose the rear master cylinder broke, see attached image. I am hoping that the connector can be replaced instead of replacing the whole master cylinder but cannot find a part number. Anyone know or have a suggestion for an "easy" fix?
    Screen Shot 2020-05-21 at 2.01.51 PM.jpg

Depending on how bad you broke it, it could be plastic welded. Other options would be to glue it back together with an adhesive that can withstand brake fluid and pressure, maybe a JB Weld product. I'm not sure if there is a cross reference to a different master cylinder or not. Two worst case scenarios, you buy a new one and have extra parts to rebuild. Or 2nd you go in to a dealership look at the other bike find one that matches and order it. There are a couple of dealers that you could call that know their Buell's. They could help you. St. Paul Harley comes to mind.

Quote Originally Posted by mriulvr View Post
    I pulled my rear wheel to replace my tire, wheel bearings, and belt on my 04 XB12S. In the process the plastic elbow connecting the remote reservoir hose the rear master cylinder broke, see attached image. I am hoping that the connector can be replaced instead of replacing the whole master cylinder but cannot find a part number. Anyone know or have a suggestion for an "easy" fix?
    Screen Shot 2020-05-21 at 2.01.51 PM.jpg

I saw them on Twin Motorcycle's webpage for about $5 USD and it includes new orings and a circlip.

elbow.JPG

I APOLOGIZE TO OTHER BOARD MEMBERS FOR IF THIS IS PERCEIVED AS ATTACKING THE OP.
    Last edited by casual_observer; 05-21-2020 at 11:25 PM.

Thats a nice post CO, thanks for the help

It's only a problem if you can't tell the difference between that ^^^.

and this VVVVV:

Quote Originally Posted by casual_observer View Post
    wow how helpless are you? If you spent half as much time actually working on the bike than whining about it, you may get something done.

The difference is the quality of the person posting the message. This guy posted a clear concise message and included a picture for reference. He is helping us help him.

The other guy wasted a bunch of time whining about how he couldn't fix something. Once again if he spent half the time actually working on the bike, than on the forum whining about it, he may get something done.

Yes CO, I agree with you about that type of person, but that's not my point.

I feel like I'm the only one trying to keep this place a pleasant, positive, NON-Facebook yelling match kind of place. Lately it's been pretty petty and negative around here

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    Yes CO, I agree with you about that type of person, but that's not my point.

I feel like I'm the only one trying to keep this place a pleasant, positive, NON-Facebook yelling match kind of place. Lately it's been pretty petty and negative around here
    Stay on top of it. Someone has to do it. If you feel you are the voice of reason, ask the admin to make you a moderator. Take a stand and dont back down. EVER.

I am way to snarky to be anyones voice of reason and I'd never want that job. Wanna-be Mall Cop? No thank you... This is fun place for me to use my experience to help people when I think I can. If I stick my neck out trying to help someone and end up being wrong, so what. Next.

I'll take my stand and have facts to justify my opinion, but thats no reason to stick my fingers in my ears and yell "lalalalalalalalala!!". If theres one thing I learned in this life, is everyone can be wrong. Mostly me

I have an original 1/2” rear master that I took off my 06 Uly. I switched to an 11mm Brembo. It is missing the pushrod, but the plastic reservoir elbow is good. You can have it for the cost of shipping + and a six pack. PM if interested

Can I be a moderator ?
    I can be the voice of reason.
    I can be positive.
    I can be pleasant.
    I can take a stand.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast