Thread: Racing heads for buell xb12 long ss

Inactive

Racing heads for buell xb12 long ss

Hey guys
    Sorry for the newbie question
    I seen a buell with racing heads installed on a website, what do you guys think of this and what heads are best and what performance would you gain

NHRS offers heads and they will get you that last 10-15% if everything else is done right.

Are you going to be revving the motor high enough to take advantage of the increased flow? Also, is your intake manifold/throttle body capable of flowing enough air to support the increased flow of the heads? And, is your exhaust capable of handling the increased flow characteristics? If yes to all 3, then you will want to make sure your injectors can supply enough fuel to support the increased airflow. Then you will want to reach out to a tuner to see if you can get your ECM mapped to deal with these changes. Also is your motor built to be able to handle the power increase at the higher RPMS?

If you skip one of these steps, you will have likely a bottleneck that can potentially interfere with the power increase, and money will potentially be wasted.

If you are looking for more power, I would recommend reaching out to Dan at NRHS about what you are looking for. He will sell you what you need, and not try to push stuff on you that you dont need. He is a straight shooter and knows what he is talking about.

Inactive
    NHRS don't supply these anymore, just got a mail from Dan there, thanks anyway, think I'll go with a Buelltooth setup instead

Quote Originally Posted by outthere View Post
    NHRS offers heads and they will get you that last 10-15% if everything else is done right.

Quote Originally Posted by Angelz View Post
    NHRS don't supply these anymore, just got a mail from Dan there, thanks anyway, think I'll go with a Buelltooth setup instead
    So you went from heads to a Buelltooth?

Quote Originally Posted by Angelz View Post
    Did he say who does sell the heads? On my bike, with aftermarket exhaust, K&N, breather mod. and a 1 tooth smaller front pulley does 2nd gear wheelies on throttle roll on. You don't need Buelltooth unless modifications are done to the bike.
    Last edited by outthere; 06-05-2020 at 10:08 PM.

Announcement:

NRHS has sold the head porting part of our business to our lead machinist Zach. He has been doing the headwork for us for over 5 years now and he will continue to provide the products you have come to expect from NRHS. He can be reached at:

720-635-0877

How about installing a turbo ?

Only one because they were designed to have only one, I'm sure he'll have to lower the compression on the cylinders. It would give him and extra 80-100 hp ? What I don't get is most people buy these bikes because they give an old school feeling when riding, are pretty easy to maintain, parts are relatively cheap and pretty easy to get, they handle very well and are pretty reliable but, then they want to change them to squeeze out every drop of power ? If I was going to modify my engine, I would install a turbo, I don't think anything else will give you the extra HP that would make it worth the effort, just my opinion.
    Last edited by njloco; 06-06-2020 at 12:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by njloco View Post
    How about installing a turbo ?
    Why stop at one? After all, the bike has 2 cylinders.