Thread: CityX - Brake issues

Unhappy CityX - Brake issues

Hey Everyone!

Just took out the xb9sx out of the garage after 2 years!!
    Drained old fuel, put in fresh fuel.
    New battery as well. Engine started with no issues except:
    1. Neutral will not light up in dash panel > any ideas or experience with this?
    2. Brakes have completely jammed onto discs, and will not move easily with pumping brakes.

Any site or place to buy replacement parts:
    1. Rear left foot peg
    2. Front right and left gray turn signal covers
    3. Rear foot peg mount bolts

My biggest concern is the brakes and brake pads. How to check if I need to buy new brake pads?

Any advise would be appreciated.

The neutral switch is located right next to, and sort of behind, your front belt pulley.
    It's a one wire switch. Test the circuit by grounding that wire with the ignition on, if it lights up, remove the switch. It's tight, but can be done without removing the belt or pulley.

You can either buy a new one cheaply or they do clean up most of the time. Depress the ball and squirt cleaner in it.

Are you sure it's both brakes sticking? That would be weird. Try rolling in neutral. If that is easier, maybe the clutch is sticking a little or mis-adjusted.
    If it truly is the brakes sticking, remove the calipers, dis assemble, and clean them. Might as well re-build the master cylinders too. The kits are about $20.

Free service manual .pdf download at Buellmods.com or Buelltooth.com.

I almost forget: Check the diode in your fuse box and make sure its facing the correct direction, it will do weird stuff to the neutral light.
    Last edited by Cooter; 05-22-2020 at 04:49 PM.

You can get used parts from e-bay, facebook, and the parts-for-sale section on BuellXB, Badweatherbikers and others.

You can get new parts from some Harley Dealers. I prefer SPHDOnline.com. The rear pillion peg mounting brackets go on with allen bolts (use stainless or coated, not the black ones) 3/8"-16 1.5" (IIRC)

Thanks! this is really helpful. Will look into these things. Hopefully it works out without having to do much.

Much appreciated!!!

Sure thing Post back what you find!