Thread: Who knows where this part comes from?

Who knows where this part comes from?

Hi Guys!

I am new here so I'm sorry if I am doing this the wrong way. I have a Buell XB12S for a couple of years now and I love it. A few days ago I got an error on the cooling fan. (did count the error code) So I did take a look at the fuse, well he was done! So I took a closer look at the fan and found this piece of rubber thas was stuck between the blades. It doesn't seem broken or something. Also there is a letter R on it. Who knows what this is? I think it should go back right? (The fan just works fine again after renewing the fuse)

20200522_181837.jpg

20200522_181849.jpg

That doesnt ring a bell. You may want to put something like a coin next to it for a size reference.

It's a rubber mount for the underside of the airbox intake base.

I dunno what that is Looks like the rubber thing that sits under the airbox, but don't they have a split in them? Getting in that side fan is pretty difficult, I'd assume it came from the bike somewhere but I don't recognize it?

If you can't sleep at night, you could check out the exploded parts diagrams on Twin motorcycle and look for it there?

Know any total jerkoffs? The kind of guy who visits a friends garage and tosses a random bolt underneath their bike? Yes, I am going to Hell

Quote Originally Posted by casual_observer View Post
    That doesnt ring a bell. You may want to put something like a coin next to it for a size reference.
    Maybe now It is in centimeters. The dealer has taken the cover off a few days ago so maybe I have to take a look myself than...

20200522_201014.jpg

20200522_201026.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    I dunno what that is Looks like the rubber thing that sits under the airbox, but don't they have a split in them? Getting in that side fan is pretty difficult, I'd assume it came from the bike somewhere but I don't recognize it?

If you can't sleep at night, you could check out the exploded parts diagrams on Twin motorcycle and look for it there?

Know any total jerkoffs? The kind of guy who visits a friends garage and tosses a random bolt underneath their bike? Yes, I am going to Hell
    The diagram does not reference that piece. I'm going to side with GregoXB.

Quote Originally Posted by casual_observer View Post
    The diagram does not reference that piece. I'm going to side with GregoXB.
    We're talking about the same part. He was right. I was lucky