Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Not a new owner, but new modifier, need help.

That is cool to hear. I would not wrap the header. Some have said that it promotes cracking, as it is believed the wrap holds in the heat. This may or may not be true.

Don't let Cooter hear what you said about the quickshifter. He will be all up in your business like if you drank his last wine cooler.

Lastly... pics or it didnt happen!

Quote Originally Posted by 34nineteen View Post
    That is cool to hear. I would not wrap the header. Some have said that it promotes cracking, as it is believed the wrap holds in the heat. This may or may not be true.

Don't let Cooter hear what you said about the quickshifter. He will be all up in your business like if you drank his last wine cooler.

I had the headers on my 2001 Monster wrapped (my first love, but sold her and kept the XB. ) and I dug the look of it, but I think I like the look of it unwrapped. As far as heat goes, with the mods I did, its running a ton cooler now, no popping and amazingly smooth accel, but havn't gone on a long haul in the sun yet either, but I think I'm good off the wraps...I'll just keep the heat shield.

Does Cooter Drink Bartles and James, because if so...I used to drink my wifes last one all the time, ...I have boundary issues...I don't respect them . Also, is the quickshifter a good or bad thing? I have done some research, and by research I mean, I looked on here and the buelltooth website, but I like the clank of shift, but I have weird tastes.

As for pics...as often as I see you guys requesting them on here, you need to change it to "S3ND N00DZ"
    I have been waiting for a nice sunny clear day, but I'll post what I have for now and then I'll get some clearer ones this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by 34nineteen View Post

Pre-Op
    20170930_095802.jpg

Work:
    Muffler before and after
    20200517_210446.jpg
    20200619_211306.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

also removed actuator and tucked the wiring next to the battery for now. Didn't want to leave it unplugged, so I still have to figure out what to do with that.
    20200610_211147.jpg

RSS W/ Heat Shield - Also added the Pegasus to both sides of the tank, as I'm going to remove all of the decals this weekend. in prep for the smoke windscreen and wheel change. Gotta figure out if its cheaper to powdercoat the wheels or just buy used ones on Ebay...So Torn.
    20200610_222117.jpg

Pic after the 3rd ride and running amazing with proper tune. Yes it looks the same, but it is NOT the same bike. The cosmetics will come next! Also, not sure why the hell the Noods keep turning sideways.
    Resized_Resized_20200618_185710.jpeg

Pics turning sideways is a buellXB upload thing I have yet to figure out. The only way to get them positioned and sized right is to host them on a site like Shutterfly. I use Flickr for unlimited free storage and easy to use. All you do is grab the IMG code and paste it in the text box.

Zima! You KNOW I'm an OG!

We had a whole crew of YFZ-450 quads(450cc single) that ran Glamis and their titanium pipes would absolutely glow bright yellow(!!) sand dragging. Had a couple (that were wrapped) blow apart at the head, so I quit wrapping them. I do have the pipes on Stella wrapped to save my thigh, but I think they just don't see that type of temp to be an issue (IMO).
    Theres a SUPER clean set of Diamond Blue wheels on my bench I'd like to sell
    There is absolutely no need for a Baro sensor in Closed Loop. Thats why Erik never put one on. The O2 sensor reads the engines output several times a second and adjusts, so altitude is never a issue. However, if you convert your fuel injection to a carburetor (by running Open Loop only) then yes, you'll need a Baro to subtract fuel for elevation.
    Ya ya quickshifter.... You could say I'm a fan Timed right, they work just fine at lower RPM too.

https://www.buellxb.com/forum/showth...t=quickshifter
    https://www.buellxb.com/forum/showth...CHEAP-and-EASY!

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    Theres a SUPER clean set of Diamond Blue wheels on my bench I'd like to sell
    Are you going to charge me 30% more if I want to pick those up in El Segundo?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast