Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Not a new owner, but new modifier, need help.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Yes

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    Pics turning sideways is a buellXB upload thing I have yet to figure out. The only way to get them positioned and sized right is to host them on a site like Shutterfly. I use Flickr for unlimited free storage and easy to use. All you do is grab the IMG code and paste it in the text box.

Zima! You KNOW I'm an OG!

We had a whole crew of YFZ-450 quads(450cc single) that ran Glamis and their titanium pipes would absolutely glow bright yellow(!!) sand dragging. Had a couple (that were wrapped) blow apart at the head, so I quit wrapping them. I do have the pipes on Stella wrapped to save my thigh, but I think they just don't see that type of temp to be an issue (IMO).
    Theres a SUPER clean set of Diamond Blue wheels on my bench I'd like to sell
    There is absolutely no need for a Baro sensor in Closed Loop. Thats why Erik never put one on. The O2 sensor reads the engines output several times a second and adjusts, so altitude is never a issue. However, if you convert your fuel injection to a carburetor (by running Open Loop only) then yes, you'll need a Baro to subtract fuel for elevation.
    Ya ya quickshifter.... You could say I'm a fan Timed right, they work just fine at lower RPM too.

https://www.buellxb.com/forum/showth...t=quickshifter
    https://www.buellxb.com/forum/showth...CHEAP-and-EASY!
    So, i read through both threads. Not sure my finance backed mind can understand even 1/8th of the quickshift science, but i think i understand that its a good thing and Cooter likes it. Please correct me if im wrong.

I disabled closed loop, so looks like ill need the baro, for when i hit the santa cruz mountains, elevation peak of af around 3800. The bike is running smoother for sure, no decel popping, no hiccups or stalling, and running a lot cooler. Not sure if that last thing is good or bad, but cooler all the same. Should i be lowering the temp that the fan comes on or keep it where its at?

As far as the wrapping if the headers, im gonna leave them how they are with just the heat shield. I think the wrap looks good on the S, but not sure I like it on R, plus it sounds like its not necessary anyway.

Also, Zima did a reboot a year or so ago. I was hungerover for like 3 days after a throwback get together that started as a joke, but ended up with a fridge full of that mess.

Pics turning sideways is a buellXB upload thing I have yet to figure out. The only way to get them positioned and sized right is to host them on a site like Shutterfly. I use Flickr for unlimited free storage and easy to use. All you do is grab the IMG code and paste it in the text box.

Zima! You KNOW I'm an OG!

We had a whole crew of YFZ-450 quads(450cc single) that ran Glamis and their titanium pipes would absolutely glow bright yellow(!!) sand dragging. Had a couple (that were wrapped) blow apart at the head, so I quit wrapping them. I do have the pipes on Stella wrapped to save my thigh, but I think they just don't see that type of temp to be an issue (IMO).
    Theres a SUPER clean set of Diamond Blue wheels on my bench I'd like to sell
    There is absolutely no need for a Baro sensor in Closed Loop. Thats why Erik never put one on. The O2 sensor reads the engines output several times a second and adjusts, so altitude is never a issue. However, if you convert your fuel injection to a carburetor (by running Open Loop only) then yes, you'll need a Baro to subtract fuel for elevation.
    Ya ya quickshifter.... You could say I'm a fan Timed right, they work just fine at lower RPM too.

https://www.buellxb.com/forum/showth...t=quickshifter
    https://www.buellxb.com/forum/showth...CHEAP-and-EASY!
    Ok. Not sure if this is good or not, but I pulled the trigger and bought the Buelltooth QuickShifter setup and the Buelltooth Baro sensor. Guy on the other end of the email was pretty cool and helpful, also....so with the Buelltooth ECM dongle being such a great product in my eyes... he earned my business.

I'm checking off my list pretty quick. I think I'm down to levers, smoke windscreen and wheels, in that order. yay!

Bout time for another Zima party, maybe I'll go high school and do Mad Dog 20/20 and Boonesfarm for the ladies.

Once that party is over, gonna drive the hell out of it, until I find something else to do....or buy an S, which will take place by year end or early 2021, if the world doesn't implode before then.

Quote Originally Posted by kdawg302000 View Post
    Ok. Not sure if this is good or not, but I pulled the trigger and bought the Buelltooth QuickShifter setup and the Buelltooth Baro sensor. Guy on the other end of the email was pretty cool and helpful, also....so with the Buelltooth ECM dongle being such a great product in my eyes... he earned my business.

I'm checking off my list pretty quick. I think I'm down to levers, smoke windscreen and wheels, in that order. yay!

Bout time for another Zima party, maybe I'll go high school and do Mad Dog 20/20 and Boonesfarm for the ladies.

Once that party is over, gonna drive the hell out of it, until I find something else to do....or buy an S, which will take place by year end or early 2021, if the world doesn't implode before then.

Oh nice! Cooter is the king of the quickshifter around here and he used to drink the Buelltooth guys beer when he lived in Florida.

My S1 still has the boomerang, so my shifts are anything but quick.

Nonetheless, I like your style.

Hello?? Someone say Zima?? I got you guys. The last liquor store I went to had a great sale. Toss them a brick and then you get to pick out whatever you want, so I'm sitting pretty on strawberry Swisher Sweets and a couple cases of Steel Reserve Black.

Nothing to worry about. By the time the world implodes to end this purgatory of 2020, Mike Lowry will have reproduced every Buell part in Titanium, Inconel, and Magneeeeeezuim (my boy), so we can be Buellin with the Pole Cats, rockin' out.
    Unknown-1.jpeg

Fun Fact:
    The S-1 shifter wasn't named because of it's shape, but because it likes to return to the gear it came from, all by itself!

Haha, me funny big yes happy.

Fun Fact:
    The S-1 shifter wasn't named because of it's shape, but because it likes to return to the gear it came from, all by itself!

Haha, me funny big yes happy.
    On my M2, I couldnt wait to get rid of it. But on my S1, I'm kinda digging its vague, clunky feel combined with its parts bin/Rube Goldberg appearance.

^^^^ I agree, couldn't wait to replace it on my M2. It was very sloppy.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234