Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone ever use an Airhawk on the XB9SX?

I'm a cheap-skate but I don't chince out on tires. I want a high-mileage "sporty" tire. I keep hearing good things about the Road 5's but I'd like to take a look at some other tires (dual compound). You guys have any suggestions?

I guess this could turn into a new thread...

Its a subject that's been visited a lot, but worth a conversation because the tech keeps increasing exponentially, and better than a primary oil thread. lol

The PR5's are dual compound, thats why they last so long "2CT" = Two Compound Tire. I'm also curious about the more trail ready/ highway tires for some fire road fun. The TKC-80's I have are a little extreme for the street

Quote Originally Posted by njloco View Post
    I have the Pilot road trail 4's on my Triumph and they're outstanding, even in the rain. I'm trying to decide between the Michelin pilot road 5's or the Q3's for the SS, I do like the Q3's on the Suzuki.
    NJ: If you're doing track days and street get the Q3+ you'll need a new set in 3000 miles otherwise the PR5's will be rock solid on the street with at least triple the mileage on them.

It's so hard to judge old tires on a used bike. Even with tread on them they could be squared off and falling into turns. A very unnerving feeling.

I hear Bridgstone has a huge rebate now and both the B-21 and B-22 get good feedback from my riding buddies.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12