Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Now I want a blast. Talk me out of it.

They didn't make them fuel injected. We built them ourselves. Loose1 did his first, I followed, then there's a couple more at least.

Here's mine:
    XBlast.jpg
    Last edited by jetlee; 05-26-2020 at 10:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jetlee View Post
    They didn't make them fuel injected. We built them ourselves. Loose1 did his first, I followed, then there's a couple more at least.

Here's mine:
    XBlast.jpg
    Thats a clean looking Blast as well. Tell us more about your FI conversion. Is it just half of an XB setup?

Quote Originally Posted by 34nineteen View Post
    Thats a clean looking Blast as well. Tell us more about your FI conversion. Is it just half of an XB setup?
    ECM's don't like being cut in half. DUH! You're wrong!

They didn't, I built it with xb stuff. Except the tail/rear subframe. It's Yamaha yz with my own number plates.

I wonder if anyone has ever modded a Blast for off road fun? I'm not sure about suspension mods. Hmmm...maybe a tinker project for me down the road. I just missed out on a Blast today for $900.

Mine was originally using a Walbro fuel pump and adjustable FPR, everything else was XB system; this was when I was still using the Blast frame with a Firebolt subframe. Since I switched it to a Firebolt frame, I'm using the XB pump as well now. I'm considering changing that back to something unregulated so I can use an AFPR again for upcoming modifications. Need more fuel, injector is already maxed.

One of the other EFI'd Blasts I advised on is running the Walbro/AFPR as well, he's only a couple hours from me. It's an otherwise mostly-stock appearing Blast.

Last edited by jetlee; 05-27-2020 at 04:26 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12