I've never had a no start situation, just FYI. The battery is about a year and a half old, starter, I have no idea. I have 2 questions:

1. sometimes on a warm start it almost sounds like the starter is skipping a tooth on the flywheel, the engine will fire but for a moment or two it's idled down before the computer puts it back where it should be. It only does this on a warm restart, NEVER on a cold start. So basically gas stations, 50/50 chance it will make this grind noise and then slow start. I would like to point out that this bike has done this for the entire 14 months of ownership, even back when the battery was only a few months old.

2. With or without that grind noise, the bike almost always is a slow start. A few times it will spin up really easy, but most of the time when you hit the starter it rotates, pauses a second like it's building up steam, and then finishes rotating the motor until it fires. I know that this is because it's overcoming the high compression of the engine, but I was wondering why I see a lot of buell XBs on youtube that don't have this issue? It's never caused a no-start situation and it's done this since the day I bought it, I was more or less curious than worried about it. The video features this long pause, and actually the pause was a moment longer than usual here. Usually it's just a quick moment of pause before the starter spins again.