Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: GREAT Suspension Tuning Resource

I am so impressed with that guy. How can he do that without even riding the bike himself? Tons of experience and knowledge, thats how

Like a witcher that finds water in an area where there's none.

Found it ! It was in the, of all place's to be, tool kit, hey don't laugh you'll get old too.
    It's on the lowest notch and still there is no lift from from the static position ? So according to the owners manual for the SS, I'm supposed to be in the second line for suspension settings for the rear shock, I've now adjusted the settings as though I weigh less, as in the first line, I've never lost weight so fast and easily before. It's a completely stock bike and nothing has been changed, I might need a different rear spring.

Sag should use 1/4 of max wheel movement.

It's like finding the glasses you were looking for, on your head (guilty)

Is it locked out at max extension with you sitting (in full gear) on the bike?

No, not with me sitting on the bike, I'm talking static so when I get off the bike, there is no lift movement when putting upwards pressure at the rear of the seat ? I'm pretty sure there should be according to Dave's YT vids.

Let me add, the bike does handle very well for my abilities in the twisties but it's a bit hard on my lower back but nothing I can't live with and according to the Buell owners manual if one wants good handling in the twisties it should be set harsh.
    Last edited by njloco; 05-30-2020 at 03:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by njloco View Post
    No, not with me sitting on the bike, I'm talking static so when I get off the bike, there is no lift movement when putting upwards pressure at the rear of the seat ? I'm pretty sure there should be according to Dave's YT vids.
    Yeah from what I'm seeing, it should be somewhere around an inch (at least). It might be more depending on your body weight, too. So if you're lighter, you'd need slightly more sag than someone heavier.

Exactly ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ what I was thinking. Yet as stated above, the bike is completely stock and as far as I know the rear spring was not changed, it's black in color.
    Last edited by njloco; 05-30-2020 at 01:32 PM.

NJ, your saying your sag set correctly for your weight with you on it now, and after you get off you want it to still have more up-travel?
    Hard to say, as that setting is only important with you on it and means nothing empty and static. I wouldn't worry about it. Ride on bro

Sounds good, I'm going to go out tomorrow and spank her a little and see how she rides.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast