Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: GREAT Suspension Tuning Resource

Lightbulb GREAT Suspension Tuning Resource

I happened upon Dave Moss Tuning on Youtube yesterday and I'm hooked. Started using some of his techniques yesterday evening and what a difference it's made in my XB9SX! The ride is SO much better thanks to this guy's info.

Check him out if you haven't already: https://www.youtube.com/user/CatalystReactionSBW

I like his videos as well. I'm glad he stresses setting up sag in a few videos, as most people dont do it correctly... or do it at all.

He is quick to recommend a spring swap to a heavier rate on most bikes, but thats understandable as most (Japanese) bikes do come undersprung for an "American sized" rider. IMO, Buell got it right, and the springs are pretty much spot on for most American sized riders.

It's funny that this comes up now as I also started watching his YT info. Though I did set up my Buells I checked them yesterday and realized I never did do the preload because I can't find my spanner wrench, and guess what, I still can't find it !

Quote Originally Posted by njloco View Post
    It's funny that this comes up now as I also started watching his YT info. Though I did set up my Buells I checked them yesterday and realized I never did do the preload because I can't find my spanner wrench, and guess what, I still can't find it !
    On my last XB, I searched all over for my hook wrench and wound up doing something makeshift. When I was putting the makeshift stuff away, I found the hook wrench hiding in plain sight!

Yeah mine's missing, too. I got a rag and use channel locks (I'll hide in a corner now). Got it tho!

All of you should have one in your OE toolkit? I think they really got it right with the EBR one. Who ever uses that string as a helmet lock anyway Haha

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Erik-Buell-...0AAOSw~IBahJO5

Dave does my bike. Tire wear greatly improved.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    All of you should have one in your OE toolkit? I think they really got it right with the EBR one. Who ever uses that string as a helmet lock anyway Haha

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Erik-Buell-...0AAOSw~IBahJO5
    Mine is used, no kit...and I recently moved into a new house. It's in a box somewhere labeled "Garage # ?". I'll get to it sometime. Good thing is that I got the rear preload dialed in on the first try.

Quote Originally Posted by outthere View Post
    Dave does my bike. Tire wear greatly improved.
    He seems like a super nice guy on video. I assume he's the same in person. What's the difference like for you after he tunes it?

Night and day on the track which is where my bike lives. No kick back on sharp edged bumps, no fish tale under hard braking. Folks who have it wrong get real bad tire wear. Before Dave I had my damper on 15. Now it's set @ 5. Suspension done right makes going fast easy.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast