Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone ever use an Airhawk on the XB9SX?

Question Anyone ever use an Airhawk on the XB9SX?

I'm getting ready to ride from TX to TN to the Tail of the Dragon (which means Cherokee, NC by extension), then BACK to TX. I would like to do something for my backside.

I saw some guys riding cross-country that swore by the Airhawk. So, have any of you used one? If so, do you have any recommendations in terms of size, fit or another product?

TIA!

In my opinion, one can usually ride on the Buell seats for as long as when it's time to take a short or long break anyway. So while I am older than dirt, I have not felt the need for anything thing on the seats of any of my bikes but I sure could use something for the throttle, sorry I couldn't really help.

Sounds like a rad ride! Make sure to post pics and stories here please

What seat is on your SX now? You could buy or trade for a taller (thicker) stock seat like a skyline (I might know where there is a sweet one). A Cooter Brand recommendation is to use the same compression/padded underwear that road bikers wear.

On long endless trips, I plan on gas stops every 120 miles and take off my helmet, and take the time to have a bottle of water, small snack, stretch, and flex my glutes! I could go non-stop that way, no matter the weather.

Sorry, I don't have an opinion on the Airhawk thing, but it seems like a lot of $$ for a bag?

https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...yan+f9+airhawk

I've ridden from Monroe (area), LA to DFW (area), TX and I did the same thing. Just stopped for gas every ~120 miles and stretched for about 10 min or so. After several of those, I started feeling my hind-end getting really sore. The seat is stock Buell. There are cheaper alternatives at around $30 for a similar product but reviews are lower.

Cooter, I am interested in this "sweet" seat you're talking about...

NJLOCO - As for the throttle, I got this on the way: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 All the reviews I saw/read were good!

P.S. I will definitely be posting pics and video here and on my YT channel. Attached is a photo of my bike in Weston, TX on my way to the OK border yesterday.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by kz6fittycent; 05-25-2020 at 03:10 AM.

I have ThrottleMeister weighted bar ends
    Jack-O-Lantern
    2006 Buell XBRS LightningBolt
    http://www.buellxb.com/forum/album.php?albumid=129

Thats the cruise thingy I use too I like it. I lubed my throttle cables and felt a HUGE difference in wrist pain as well.

It's the little things....

Are those Michelin tires and if so how about a review ?

I don't recognize what those are NJ, but I can tell you I LOVE the Michelin Pilot Road 5's on Stella.
    I over 8K miles on them, they still look dang near new and hold a stable corner all the way to the edge. They're not cheap, but never go cheap on the one thing holding you up!

My tires

They're Pilot Road 3's. I don't like them. I didn't buy them...they came with this bike.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I have the Pilot road trail 4's on my Triumph and they're outstanding, even in the rain. I'm trying to decide between the Michelin pilot road 5's or the Q3's for the SS, I do like the Q3's on the Suzuki.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast