Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: St. Paul

Quote Originally Posted by outthere View Post
    Figured if I was going to do a rotate the change out headers I may as well replace rocker box gaskets. Is there anything else I should look at while I'm up there? Thanks
    If you rotate the engine consider upgrading the Throttle Body Seals with Genuine James Blue.

Quote Originally Posted by rb70383 View Post
    Man, Harley hates Buell.....
    I'd imagine its probably more about a US dealer shipping to a Canadian and violating their territory agreement.

Some non-US citizen probably figured they'd save a buck by ordering from the US, and St Paul figured they'd help the guy out. Then the customer likely couldn't keep his mouth shut to the local dealer.

If you go to Ronnies HD site, they explicitly call out that they can not, and will not ship any OE Harley part outside of the US or intends to do so. And they don't do Buell.

https://partsfinder.onlinemicrofiche....asp?make=hdmc

I didn't even know the manual said to rotate the engine for that job!? It's EZ-PZ really. No need for forcing anything or getting the pry bars or porta-power out, lol.

Take the muffler off, remove the headpipe flange bolts and pull the flanges down the pipe, remove the O2 sensor, IIRC it is the rear head pipe that wants to come off first, then the front. That is the part that will take some wiggling. Get the rear pipe past the studs in the head and it will fall in your hands. Beer break time.

Re-assembly is putting the rings and flanges on the new pipe (if they didn't come with it), line up the front pipe to the motor, then squeeze the rear back past the studs. It took a bump with the heel of my hand to get it to pop in place, after that just follow the torque procedure in the manual for the muffler, it's important. LF has spelled it out on here a bunch of times

Thanks guys. I have the gaskets and the angled allen wrench if I loose it trying without engine rotate. I'll also look up the tightening procedure for the exhaust. Probably why the header cracked in the first place. I didn't follow instructions.

Oh, and I drink whisky.

Track day on the 15th.

O.k. whiskey it is, with a beer chaser, all is good.

Quote Originally Posted by 34nineteen View Post
    I'd imagine its probably more about a US dealer shipping to a Canadian and violating their territory agreement.

Some non-US citizen probably figured they'd save a buck by ordering from the US, and St Paul figured they'd help the guy out. Then the customer likely couldn't keep his mouth shut to the local dealer.

If you go to Ronnies HD site, they explicitly call out that they can not, and will not ship any OE Harley part outside of the US or intends to do so. And they don't do Buell.

https://partsfinder.onlinemicrofiche....asp?make=hdmc
    I like my idea better.....Although your explanation is more likely to be true.

I was on the SPHD website recently and noticed the same notification. If you look closely you will see where it says something about parts marked with a ** in the description. Not all their parts have the ** and the ones that don't do not have the message about supplying proof of ownership. If this is something that Harley is enforcing on foreign buyers it seems weird and I'm not sure what the reasoning is behind it.

Last edited by Ggeezer; 07-30-2020 at 01:01 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12