Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Engine heat

Engine heat

Hello all: I have owned several Harleys in the past and have been riding my Ulysses for only a few months and really enjoying it. Now that summer is just around the corner and it is heating up here in Utah I am experiencing quite a bit of heat while riding, especially on the inside of my right leg. I am looking for suggestions to lessen the heat. My last tourer came with Willy wings on both sides to divert the hot air thru the frame, I also wrapped the exhaust which helped a lot. Any recommendations for the Buell?

There is a "comfort kit" available for the Uly that includes a scoop for the right side of the engine and a heat shield for the exhaust.

Does anyone have pics and info on ordering one?

I added the comfort kit to my 2004 XB-12S and it made a very noticeable difference in the heat. It went from scalding hot to warm. That and EZ clutch pull kit (lowered the clutch pull weight), made all the difference in my commute.

IMG_0064[1].jpgIMG_0068[1].jpgJust added Comfort Kit today. Noticeable difference in leg cooking. Followed directions and went slowly... Average+ Bike mechanic.IMG_0066[1].jpg New Castle Harley and St Pauls both have the Kit and vents
    Last edited by Totoro; 06-25-2020 at 01:00 AM. Reason: added picture

Quote Originally Posted by totoro View Post
    followed directions and went slowly... Average+ bike mechanic.
    new member of the year!!!!! Welcome!!!

What's that box doing? Is there a fan in the new scoop?
    Last edited by Sdrxb12s; 06-25-2020 at 11:28 PM.

Good advice... I also own a 883 sportster and a Suzuki sv1000 (V twin). I am familiar with Twin vibes. Added the circle earth mod and it really helped smoothing out the idle and low throttle acceleration. I check the batteries and top up their charges on a regular basis; So far so good.

No additional fan... The side panels that fit over the rear brake reservoir and the opposite side redirect the exit air flow even more towards the back. Since I have installed the kit and panels the fan only runs when I stop the bike; a big difference then without. My leg is no longer getting even mildly cooked. Highly recommended unless you are a heat resistant type.

The box channels air away from your legs and in combo with the side panels moves the air to the rear of the bike. No additional fan; although if you could arrange for a second fan to have a pitch a third below the first one... If music be the food of Love ride on.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast