Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Engine heat

Maybe you can get your fans to do something like this:

https://youtu.be/cM_sAxrAu7Q

Quote Originally Posted by Totoro View Post
    Good advice... I also own a 883 sportster and a Suzuki sv1000 (V twin). I am familiar with Twin vibes. Added the circle earth mod and it really helped smoothing out the idle and low throttle acceleration. I check the batteries and top up their charges on a regular basis; So far so good.
    Can you please explain what the "circle earth mod" is?

https://www.buellxb.com/forum/showth...ms-Why-and-How

I own five Saabs. Another extinct worthwhile manufacturer. Many ground problems. Many. Since I have been keeping them running since the turn of the century when I picked up my Ulysses I automatically cleaned all the grounds; then reinforced them with the help of the article cited. I think it runs better... Can't hurt. Cleaning and protecting Grounds can't hurt and can keep you on the road.

No additional fan... The side panels that fit over the rear brake reservoir and the opposite side redirect the exit air flow even more towards the back. Since I have installed the kit and panels the fan only runs when I stop the bike; a big difference then without. My leg is no longer getting even mildly cooked. Highly recommended unless you are a heat resistant type.
    The comfort kit alone helps some, but the real improvement was realized when I purchased an Ecm with the new fan logic. Fan runs all the time when above 15 mph. It rarely runs at all after shut down and only at low speed.

I found speed based fan control would roast my leg because its the fan exhaust (right side under the seat) that does it. Leaving the fan alone to cool the engine temp-based only worked for me.

FYI, for free anyone can get the ECMDroid program from GooglePlay, use a wireless connection like a Buelltooth, and set the fan settings to whatever you want, including clicking on the "speed based fan control" option.

Attachment 13811Attachment 13812Just added Comfort Kit today. Noticeable difference in leg cooking. Followed directions and went slowly... Average+ Bike mechanic.Attachment 13814 New Castle Harley and St Pauls both have the Kit and vents
    I live near St. Paul Harley and they’ve always been great supporters of the Buell brand. If they don’t have what you’re looking for, they’ll try and find it for you. It seems the comfort kit is pathetic way to go. Gtreatjob on the install.

You live in a great part of the country for touring. Hope you get the right leg heat thing figured out.

What exactly is the “circle earth mod?”

Quote Originally Posted by Rkuly View Post
    The comfort kit alone helps some, but the real improvement was realized when I purchased an Ecm with the new fan logic. Fan runs all the time when above 15 mph. It rarely runs at all after shut down and only at low speed.
    I agree 100%. I installed the comfort kit on my 09 xt without the fan logic update and it helped some. It wasn’t until I obtained a new Ecm with the new fan logic that I really noticed the difference. My only concern now is how long until the fan gives out since it runs all the time above 15 mph.

One data point for you - I just changed out my fan. The old one appeared to be the original. 2008 model XB12XT (fan also had a 2008 date code), 65,000 miles.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast