Thread: Error Code 11, TPS reads 0 degrees, 0 voltage?

Threaded View

Error Code 11, TPS reads 0 degrees, 0 voltage?

Welp, thought I had my '08 Uly finally sorted out after a sticky throttle issue. Ended up replacing the whole throttle body with a nice used unit off an '08 firebolt. Pieced it all back together, took it for a 20 mile test ride, everything great, better than it'd run in a long time. I take one last wide-open blast up a freeway onramp just before getting home, and the thing stutters and starts stumbling and runs like garbage. CEL on. I limp it home. Check what's up on the Buelltooth, Code 11.

Backing up for a second here—I'd had some stuttering issues in the past, had some help going through some wiring and didn't find any problems, then swapped to a race ECM which seemed to fix the problem. Well, lo and behold, eventually the race ECM died on me. So I swapped back to the stock ECM when I did the throttle body swap. SO...

Because of the past ECM issues, I assumed the old stock ECM was probably the problem, said to hell with it and ordered a brand new ECM from IDS.

Plugged the ECM in tonight thinking (in my Big Lebowski Walter voice) "OUR F$#%ING TROUBLES ARE OVER, DUDE!"

I do a TPS reset, fire her up...and she barely runs. Idles at about 2000 rpm, stumbles, flutters between 2k and 1k, and if I even think about touching the throttle, she dies.

So I break out the Buelltooth and ECMdroid. When I look at the Live Data with the bike running at idle, the TPD shows 0.0. I swapped that over to TPS Voltg, and that ALSO shows 0.00v. If this data is accurate, that seems...bad. I tried resetting the TPS probably 20 or more times thinking I'm probably just not getting a good throttle position reset, but it was the same result no matter what I did.

So now I'm wondering if my TPS sensor on this Firebolt throttle body is bad, or went bad. I still have the old one...but the old one caused the Code 11 to start with, which I thought the ECM would clear up.

Anybody know if I just missed something obvious? Please gaaaaawd?! Ha! This thing is driving me NUTS!
    Last edited by kcander; 06-01-2020 at 03:56 AM.