Thread: Noob here, already have fallen in love...

Cool Noob here, already have fallen in love...

Hey guys so I've been kind of lurking around these parts while deciding to take the plunge on a new Buell. Decided 2 months ago that it was time and decided to purchase a 2005 Xb9SX with 8k miles and tasteful mods like. After purchase I decided to do all the 10k maint since i don't know what its been through before me, plus is nice to get to know her a lil better. Ill attach some pics but I'm pretty sure you will be seeing me around asking for tips on this beauty. P.s. prev owner changed the whole key and handlebar setup, which i believe looks like a Firebolt xb12r? ill post a pic, but just wondering in case i need to purchase parts for it in the future. Anyways, thank you all in advance for allowing me to pick your brains and see your toys!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by rmanjarrnm; 06-01-2020 at 08:16 AM.

Love the rumble of the dnd exhaust and here is a rider view of the handlebars. https://streamable.com/u9xyuo (Tires have been replaced since i shot this video haha)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by rmanjarrnm; 06-01-2020 at 07:19 AM.

Welcome to the forum! Nice ride man Thats an interesting conversion, I was considering it myself, do have more pics of how it was done? How do you like the seating position? Is that a Harley ignition thing?

Welcome to the Buell forum, cool looking XB! I like your idea to do the 10k service, that's a GREAT way to get to know your bike and ensure it's tip-top shape! I did a routine 5k tune-up on my new-to-me XB9S and found LOTS of issues...well worth it!

Couldn't tell from the picture but are those the diamond blue rims ? Nice bike good luck with it.
    Welcome to the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by njloco View Post
    Couldn't tell from the picture but are those the diamond blue rims ? Nice bike good luck with it.
    Welcome to the forum.
    They are a black for sure, i think the blue perfect riding day makes it look blue