Thread: New to Buell

New to Buell

Growing up in New Jersey with a biker dad if fell in love with Harley. Been fighting uphill my whole life and now finally getting to be able to play a little. My dad is now 65 and for the past five years he has let me hold and ride his 89 FX Softail with a 1340 CC engine. It is a lot of fun to ride. The sound of a Harley....good lord.
    Over the past 2 years it has become unreliable to ride over a medium distance due to age and needs some love.
    I have always loved the Buell line and finally made the purchase today with a 2006 XB12Ss Lightning. I watched a lot of video's on them and found this beaut not far from me.
    So far i like it a lot. For one, it is way different to ride that the Softail in may ways. Not bad ways!
    I just wanted to say hello and I am glad to finally be a part of a niche group of men that love an American Sport bike life.

Welcome! Buell’s are an acquired taste for most. I had a 01 X1 lightning years ago and now 09 XB12Scg. Enjoy the ride, there are a lot of members here with a great deal of knowledge!

Welcome to the forum! Glad you got a good bike, I'm sure you'll enjoy it Post up pics of your baby!

Welcome to the forum, good luck with the bike.

Sorry you live in N.J.

Quote Originally Posted by njloco View Post
    Welcome to the forum, good luck with the bike.

Sorry you live in N.J.
    I live in PA, so it's all good! Haha.