Background:

I'm from TN. I could drive 2 min from my house and I was in some amazing riding right away. The scenery was just as good as the turns I was taking. There was always something interesting. The roads were smooth and (usually) clean from debris to keep from sliding right off a cliff. I would get lost in the ride and a couple of hours would go by before I realized I needed to get home.

I've been living in North Texas now for 3 years. I bought a Buell, because I've always wanted one. There's just one problem; a big one.

The roads here straight up suck.

Some other bikers (cruiser riders) keep telling me about these great rides they take. I listen to them and go check out these areas.

I have to assume that they mean the "scenery" is great. Because the roads are straight (like a freaking arrow), albeit bumpy. Any turns are ~90 degrees to go around a farm property line. That sounds cool, right? No. They are also bumpy and slick, so I end up slowing down like Grandpa to take them. I may as well be on a trike.

I KNOW there has got to be some good riding around here.

So, to all you North Texas riders, point me in the right direction!

TIA.

P.S. I'm willing to bet I have to travel 2-3 hours away to get to some good riding. Also, I'm willing to accept things as they are, but I would like to enjoy my experience since I'm here and I'm not moving again.