Thread: 2003 XB9S - Ignition/Starter Issues

Threaded View

Unhappy 2003 XB9S - Ignition/Starter Issues

New to BuellXB Forum. I've had my 2003 Lightning xb9s for 7 years now and have had no issues until here in the past 6 months. What I thought was just a dead battery is turning into quite a nightmare. I replaced the old battery with a new battery and afterwards was getting power to the head/tail lights and fuel pump but the bike would blow the same fuse when pressing the ignition switch. I've been referred to a local custom bike shop (Iron Sports Custom Cycles in Roanoke, VA) to see if they are able to pinpoint this issue.. When I brought the bike in to shop the bike was blowing the same mini 10amp fuse that I've replaced multiple times. The motorcycle mechanic has extensive background in custom HD builds but hasn't worked much on Buells in the past. He is unable to get the bike to crank past the stage of the fuel pump prime. The bike's lights and fuel pump will work but once pressing the ignition button it then has it's issue.. The Mechanic doesn't have Buell software and unable to read any codes through the bike's Data port. He believes it could be a number of different issues.. Fried Voltage Regulator? ECM? he believes there is no power getting to the starter/ignition box.. Any thoughts for anyone that has been able to troubleshoot this? I did also want to state I did the #1 no-no and had previously jump started my bike with my Car. This is when the issue occurred. He believes this could have presented substantial damage from doing so..

I've had quite a hard time trying to find the parts for the bike... Suggestions?

Thanks in advance for any advice and/or thoughts...

A very sad and frustrated Buell owner,

-Clay
    Attached Images Attached Images