Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Batteries

Batteries

Would you run a lithium battery in your Uly over a good AGM,pros and cons?What about charging a lithium battery,what's needed?I like the idea of losing weight that high in the bike.

Yes, but I haven't as yet in the Buells, seems to do fine in the Suzuki ( 1340cc's ) The new lithium batteries have an electrical circuit built into them to make it safe to use trickle chargers so make sure the one you decide to get has it and you won't need any special charger, just a battery tender will work. Understand they're a bit slow to liven up in the cold, you have to turn on the headlight for a couple of minutes before trying to start the bike.
    I haven't used the Suzuki since the beginning of last season and I haven't charged it at all, it started right up yesterday.

I've been running one on the STT for a couple years now with zero issues. Get a GOOD brand and you shouldn't need anything special.

Quote Originally Posted by njloco View Post
    The new lithium batteries have an electrical circuit built into them to make it safe to use trickle chargers so make sure the one you decide to get has it and you won't need any special charger, just a battery tender will work.
    This ^^^^^

You may save some $$$ going for a cheaper lithium battery, but if it needs a specific charger, add $50 to the price. My Antigravity batteries need one, but I already had a high zoot charger that can handle lithium batteries.

It's hard to beat these as far as quality for your dollar. $77 to your door. Made in USA.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Deka-ETX14L...ty!27021!US!-1
    Last edited by lancruza; 06-04-2020 at 01:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lancruza View Post
    It's had to beat these as far as quality for your dollar. $77 to your door. Made in USA.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Deka-ETX14L...ty!27021!US!-1
    Is the ETX14L the correct one? I thought XB's used ETX14 and 1125's used ETX14L? Both are the same size, but one has reversed terminals, and we all know how that works out.

Looking on Shorai's website,they recommend the LFX21A6-BS12 which goes for $180 to $220 depending on where you look.That's quite a bit more than I can spend on a battery right now.I would spend up to $100 but apparently the cheaper Li Ion's aren't recommended for the Uly.
    I found this AGM that if I can't find a Li Ion option,I will probably buy. https://www.batterystuff.com/powersp...ayPointReviews

Quote Originally Posted by 34nineteen View Post
    Is the ETX14L the correct one? I thought XB's used ETX14 and 1125's used ETX14L? Both are the same size, but one has reversed terminals, and we all know how that works out.
    My fault... I posted the wrong one. Thanks for catching that 34 and thanks for letting me know Barrett. You guys are correct. The ETX14 is the correct one.

Here's a pic to pay for my incorrectedness.

Mercenary%u00252BGarage%u00252BDesign%u00252BDublin%u00252B8%u00252BIreland%u00252BCustom%u00252.jpg

I would check out the reviews on Shorai's first, when I bought one for the Suzuki they were not getting very good reviews and I went with something else that does not need a special charger.

I can't afford the Shorai that is recommended for the Uly and I was looking at them because I don't know anything about Lithium Ion and Shorai is the name you hear everywhere.Thanks for the heads up.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast