Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need fuel pump rebuild kit

Need fuel pump rebuild kit

So u heard there is someone here that sales premium fuel pump rebuild kits for my 2005 xb9sx. I'm having long cranks times on cold start and after long highway trips. How much are you selling them for and are including teabag filter and tube that is notorious for leaking? Need to get it in my budget.

Unless you know 100% for sure the part you are replacing is bad, it's a guess. Correct complete OE fuel pumps, and even pieced together 're-build kits' from someones garage are expensive enough, IMHO I would recommend a proper test before spending your hard earned cash on a total guess.

49psi is stock pressure spec and easy to check with either an adaptor, or if you are handy, you can drill and tap the fuel block to 1/8" FPT and add a shrader fitting for an easy check, even while riding. If that is beyond your comfort level, taking it out and examining it by eye is another good and FREE clue. You want to replace it anyway right?

A great cheat to remove the fuel pump is to hang the rear of the bike by the rafters or an a-frame ladder, remove the rear shock lower bolt to let the swing arm hang, and that will give you enough clearance to remove the fuel pump. It's pretty typical to find the sock deteriorated (universal, $3) wires chaffed ($5 for a spool of wire), or the supply hose cracked (3/8" $4/ft for FI line). Even doing all of that will leave you enough beer money for the weekend instead of racking up credit card debt with a guess

Have fun!

Sir: i have them. your choices are below. i keep all these things in stock. either send me a personal message on this site or visit website: midatlanticcycle.com

NEW IN BOX early style XB fuel pumps
    NEW IN BOX later style XB fuel pumps
    FULL 22 piece rebuild kits for all XB fuel pumps
    PARTIAL 6 piece service kits for all XB fuel pumps.
    INDIVIDUAL fuel pump parts such as hoses...clamps...filters...motors...O-rings....wiring harnesses available upon request.
    i also stock discontinued NLA(No Longer Available) pump parts such as Fuel Level Sensors

thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Barrett View Post
    Sir: i have them. your choices are below. i keep all these things in stock. either send me a personal message on this site or visit website: midatlanticcycle.com

INDIVIDUAL fuel pump parts such as hoses...clamps...filters...motors...O-rings....wiring harnesses available upon request.
    i also stock discontinued NLA(No Longer Available) pump parts such as Fuel Level Sensors

thank you
    This guy sounds like a class act.

Quote Originally Posted by casual_observer View Post
    This guy sounds like a class act.
    Yep a real good guy. We like the good info here from both of you, thanks for posting it

But didn't LF take all 19 of those away from all the Harley dealers? Now I can't just go pick one up

I bought one of those OE pumps from John just to have... I have 2 Buells that may need one someday. Sounds like Barrett picked up where John left off. He sounds like a good man and a patriot. Welcome to the forum Barrett.

Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw View Post
    Sounds like Barrett picked up where John left off. He sounds like a good man and a patriot. Welcome to the forum Barrett.
    Uh, are you guys missing out on something here? Hint,hint...

Either way, welcome to the forum Barrett and all your beautiful fuel pumps.

I believe they are.

It's like duh !

thank you
    You sir are awesome, so after a little digging into it. i ended up finding that the flex hose that wraps the top of the pump has pin holes, and the sock filter is almost non existent... haha everything else seems strong but of course price difference between the whole assembly or individual parts would sway me either way. what are we looking at price wise for either direction?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast