Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Don't give your Buell's away

Don't give your Buell's away

I sold my 09 Bolt for 8K have a solid large deposit, and a back up offer for 8.5, So don't give your Buell's away.

Bolt pics_131.jpg Bolt pics_134.jpg

8K? How is that possible?

That is AWESOME Silver and congrats. But I believe that to be the exception, not the rule.

Oh, lol, I just saw your facebook post. 240miles on the ODO and pristine.....

How in the world did you keep 240 on the ODO? Drove it to the end of the driveway and back for 11 years? lol

Quote Originally Posted by GregoXB View Post
    Oh, lol, I just saw your facebook post. 240miles on the ODO and pristine.....

How in the world did you keep 240 on the ODO? Drove it to the end of the driveway and back for 11 years? lol
    SR's bike probably reads mileage off the front wheel.

or he hooked up his battery backwards and has been running like that for awhile.

Sir: very rare bike and worth every penny. well done! I have been of the opinion for some time now that a flawless, original, ultra low mileage XB is worth close to original list price. You have given me motivation to think about selling my 2008 XB12 black lightning silver anniversary edition. it is still new with ZERO miles. It was never dealer-prepped nor ridden. there are only two known ZERO mile new Buells left in existence and mine is one of them.
    I am very happy for you.

001.jpg
    003.jpg
    005.jpg

I never understood keeping the XB untouched. It was worth 10k in 2009, its worth 8k in 2020, factoring in inflation, that's even more of a loss. Then you have to worry about rubber seals, hoses, gaskets and tires rotting. Unless you kept it around as a parts bike, but never had to use it for parts....

Well done SR! I won't give you crap for 240 miles because I know you ride the other ones

I agree with ya Grego, new vehicles are a 99.9% terrible 'investment', especially when left to languish, un-touched and un-loved What's the fun in that Go for a ride, go get bugs in yer teeth and show them all off
    Wheels through Time is such a great museum because he will take the rarest bike in the bunch, fire it up and take it for a RIP!

In fact, just this afternoon I picked this up (again, haha). Sold it to a nice family in 2004 so they could take their little kids to the beach. The kids just graduated college(!!) so she asked if I wanted to buy it back. 16 years... and only 2000 more miles They almost cried when I pulled it out of the garage! If they liked it so much, turn the key, and drive it! It still has the personal "Slacker" plates on it
    857765C3-4E9B-4C41-8220-10A7112F6635.jpg

That zero mile XB would look great in my man cave.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    Well done SR! I won't give you crap for 240 miles because I know you ride the other ones

I agree with ya Grego, new vehicles are a 99.9% terrible 'investment', especially when left to languish, un-touched and un-loved What's the fun in that Go for a ride, go get bugs in yer teeth and show them all off
    Wheels through Time is such a great museum because he will take the rarest bike in the bunch, fire it up and take it for a RIP!

In fact, just this afternoon I picked this up (again, haha). Sold it to a nice family in 2004 so they could take their little kids to the beach. The kids just graduated college(!!) so she asked if I wanted to buy it back. 16 years... and only 2000 more miles They almost cried when I pulled it out of the garage! If they liked it so much, turn the key, and drive it! It still has the personal "Slacker" plates on it
    857765C3-4E9B-4C41-8220-10A7112F6635.jpg
    Thank you Cooter! I do ride, But dont tell anybody .LOL IMG_0644.jpg

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast