Thread: Exhaust actuator valve

Exhaust actuator valve

If you disconnect it from the pipe does it also need to be wired open at the airbox or just leave it be? I currently have exhaust that has no valve and also running a race ecm so it it not throwing the code. I just don’t want it closed if it should be open or vice verse. Thanks in advance!

But leaving it closed or open should not affect performance?

Wiring it open will effect bottom end power and having it closed should have the same effect up top, not?

Quote Originally Posted by Ritzy View Post
    ...I currently have exhaust that has no valve...

Whats the question again

Yeah, that threw me off too, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    Whats the question again
    I was asking about about the exhaust actuator valve, if it needed to be removed at the airbox and the exhaust. I currently have an exhaust installed (no working valve) and I also wired the valve open at the airbox. Seems like each time I am riding the bike is running better and better.

Wired open is better than not wired open unless you keep it under 4,000 revs

Quote Originally Posted by Ritzy View Post
    I was asking about about the exhaust actuator valve, if it needed to be removed at the airbox and the exhaust. I currently have an exhaust installed (no working valve) and I also wired the valve open at the airbox. Seems like each time I am riding the bike is running better and better.
    If your current exhaust doesn't have a "valve" in it, theres nothing else for you to do. You can leave the whole thing alone.

If the "actuator" is still in the airbox, you can leave that alone too. If you unplug it, you'll throw a code.

If you want to remove the "actuator" from the airbox, you can mask that code using ECMDroid and a Buelltooth, or ECMSpy/TunerPro and a cable.

Or

(IIRC) wire a 120 OHM 1/4 watt resistor in series in the plug (just like de-nioding an 1125 or 1190).

Wow, this is top secret stuff.