Thread: Scored

Scored

Howdy all. Haven't posted here for years. I just bought my third XB9SX (City) yesterday. Bought my first one in 2010, then another a few years ago, and now this new one. Have had all kinds of bikes in between, but now realize I simply like XB9s better than anything. Even my old Ducati Multistrada. Got a great deal on this new one. 08' with only 10k miles. Has Hepco Becker locking bags on quick release tubular racks, an adjustable wind screen, upgraded ECM ($300 according to the receipt), Pia exhaust, right side air scoop, heated grips, funky Shinko Trailmaster tires, Cortech tank bag, battery tender bridle installed and crank case breather mod done. Only $3200! I've grown to like the looks of the tires, sort of a scrambler look. Sold my previous XB after a 9 day trip through northern California. Got tired of the semi-soft Buell saddlebags I had and the lack of wind protection, and bought a BMW Rll50RS. This bike solves those problems. Exhaust sounds great too. Anyone in the market for a BMW? It's on CL here:

https://seattle.craigslist.org/kit/m...134726967.html

fromRear.jpg

bags.jpg

screen.jpg

tire.jpg

Congrats. I am eyeing one myself. A guy that lives in my neighborhood has one that he is thinking about selling and he told me if he does that I will have first dibs since I have a Buell and take care of it. He wants it to go to a good home.

Welcome back and congrats on the bike! Sounds like a great deal, hope it does all you want

Definitely awesome score. The Hepco bags look great. How well does the screen-on-a-screen work? Any more pics on how that's put together? Luv the Shinkos. I just put Shinko Advance 005's on my CityX. They were recommended and I like them so far. Enjoy!

Here are some pics of that screen. I haven't tried adjusting it yet, but I like the wind protection a lot. Don't know the manufacturer. There are some weird cut outs in the metal adjusting plates that may indicate the name, but I'm not familiar with them.

screen1.jpg

screen2.jpg

screen3.jpg

screen4.jpg

I'm sure it works but........ it looks like hell.

You should see if the adjustment knobs can be turned around to the inside it would clean the look up alot. Once you have the shield where you want it you never have to touch them again

Almost looks like the brackets are backwards in the pic to. Should be able to see that symbol on the outside.