Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Biker wave

Biker wave

I as a young man riding on the back of my fathers Harley bike have seen him wave at other bikers all the time. I have since been given that bike and rode for short trips for the past few years until recently it needed to be put in the shop for a bit. So I said "I am not missing this riding season after being cooped up for the Rona."
    I went out and got my Buell. I love the bike and consider it in the Harley family. Now when I ride it I wave to everyone still. Well now the older school Harley riders do not wave back. WTF.
    Is it just me or am I now seeing the prejuidice from the Harley community? Not liking it much.

Some of them aren't paying attention. I get waves all the time from a mix of people but some are so focused on the road, they don't see you. That's really all the wave is, "I see you".

Quote Originally Posted by jahanna77 View Post
    I as a young man riding on the back of my fathers Harley bike have seen him wave at other bikers all the time. I have since been given that bike and rode for short trips for the past few years until recently it needed to be put in the shop for a bit. So I said "I am not missing this riding season after being cooped up for the Rona."
    I went out and got my Buell. I love the bike and consider it in the Harley family. Now when I ride it I wave to everyone still. Well now the older school Harley riders do not wave back. WTF.
    Is it just me or am I now seeing the prejuidice from the Harley community? Not liking it much.
    People have talked about this for years. I've ridden all kinds of different bikes over the years. It does seem to me that if I'm on anything other than a "cruiser" type bike and meet up with a Harley, it's about a 50/50 shot if they will wave or not. I'm not sure for the reasoning but Harley snobbery is a real thing.

#wildhogs

I ride a Harley and 3 Buells. I hate everyone equally. But I wave at all bikes. Even road worthy scooters. I do sometimes miss a wave when i am looking elsewhere. It happens.

I agree with ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ but I will admit to never waving at COOTER !

Yet.

It's a cruiser/cruiser and crotch rocket/crotch rocket thing.
    I'm on my cruiser I wave to cruisers
    I'm on the rocket I wave to rockets.
    And it for the most part is what everyone does around here anyway.

Scooters and anything with more than two wheels get no wave from me. Waving should be performed when the road is straight and safe, don't get your panties into a bunch if I am in a turn and don't wave to you, waving in turns should be banned IMO. Seen so many guys trying to eagerly wave, and then cross the double yellow. If you have a passenger, waving responsibility can be delegated to them. Also, if I am in a group, if one guy waves, take that as a wave from all of us. For gods sake, don't try to wave over a freeway divider, seen that. I wave, but if some one doesn't wave back, I just chuckle it does not bother me. I usually just assume they were concentrating on something more important at the moment. I'd say 9/10 I get a wave back, regardless of what motorcycle they are on.
    Last edited by GregoXB; 06-08-2020 at 03:33 PM.

If I waved to every scooter in NYC, I would never have my hands on the handlebars. Scooters don't even wave to each other. Waving is really a motorcycle thing, IMO.

I'll return a wave because it's kind, and if it's convenient, I'll wave to any cool thing (even a car). I don't care if they wave back

And I'll never wave to NJ!

Scooter.jpg

They introduced these things into NYC like 2 years ago. There are millions of them

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast