Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I raced a Tesla today

Thats how I learned ^^^^ haha!

For summer fun I put McDonalds trays under the back tires of my 1982 Ford EXP (Jealous? LOL), locked up the e-brake and went skiing in that FWD POS. It did have those Gold spoke Enkei wheels and Purple DIY window tint

WhiteKnuckle and outthere have valid points, I got passed riding the EBR this weekend on a small track, by a girl, on a Ninja 400... and couldn't catch her! All that power, and I could only use 45hp of it!

A Tesla model S is going to be super quick of the line, and fast enough in the curves if driven competently. Totally true most drivers are horrendous at performance driving. I was lucky enough to race karts for a significant part of my childhood, but most people don't come close to driving at or near the limit, or they reachthe limit prematurely due to poor driver inputs. Slow is smooth, smooth is fast!

Today you just send it in too hot, smash the brakes to the floor, and crank the wheel, letting the car figure out how to go around the corner for you

Growing up 'coast racing' down hills was a great way to grow my corner entry gonads. I still do that on Tuna Canyon (a hidden one-way-street-luge-heaven road that drops from the Santa Monica mountains from Topanga to PCH).

Heck, when we rode to Pike Peak from LA in 2016 we got to do it almost the whole 20 miles down! I lost FYI Buells don't coast well. We were on comms so the first guy could pass and call "clear". I'm sure we freaked out some people who were getting passed on the inside of blind hairpins by hoodlums on a silent motorcycles
    Last edited by Cooter; 06-10-2020 at 04:25 PM.

I raced one also,I was on my 09 SCG we were a roll about 40 and it pulled away from me I was shocked, Then we hit a Red light I was ready now light turned green I pulled him up to 80 mph then we ran out of road. Happy ending.
    IMG_0106.jpg
    Last edited by Silverrider; 06-10-2020 at 08:36 PM.

Maybe if you weren't riding a wheelie the entire time, this wouldnt have happened. Show off.

Quote Originally Posted by njloco View Post
    Who got smoked, you or the Tesla ? Maybe after a 1\4 mile but not off the line, please say it isn't so !
    Just kidding there are some pretty fast cars out there, that's what the Suzuki B king is for !
    Me. I got smoked.

Truth be told, I didn't know we were racing so I got caught sleeping. That said, there was NO chance. That immediate torque is outstanding.

Yeah but you don't have many Twisties in Texas, get a busa to go with the Buell or even better, get a H2 or the new Ducati, then you'll teach him respect but even they can be passed by some of the new cars coming out.

Quote Originally Posted by njloco View Post
    Yeah but you don't have many Twisties in Texas, get a busa to go with the Buell or even better, get a H2 or the new Ducati, then you'll teach him respect but even they can be passed by some of the new cars coming out.
    Yeah maybe just go with a 12' extended swing arm and wheelie bars so I can be one of the cool kids...

*yes that's feet - 12 ft extended swing arm...

swingarm.jpeg

Last edited by kz6fittycent; 06-11-2020 at 03:29 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12