Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I raced a Tesla today

Unhappy I raced a Tesla today

Got smoked.

That is all.

Who got smoked, you or the Tesla ? Maybe after a 1\4 mile but not off the line, please say it isn't so !
    Just kidding there are some pretty fast cars out there, that's what the Suzuki B king is for !

Tesla, the powerful one, is quick & very fast. https://www.tesla.com/roadster

The Model S is a tad slower @ 2.3 csc. to 60 mph.
    Last edited by outthere; 06-09-2020 at 10:35 PM.

Huge electric 0RPM torque and all that rubber on the road is truly a stunning combo

best part, it's quiet.

I burned one in the Twisties in my WRX, I know he was trying real hard too, he's a friend, or was.

They very quiet. Especially when the battery is dead.

Stayed right with one on a twisty little forest road a few weeks back. Think I surprised him by keeping up, but the road just happened to be one of my childhood stomping grounds, and it's all tight 20-50mph stuff, a long straight away and I'm sure he'd have pulled away.

It's actually a perfect demonstration for why I don't really care about high HP cars (or bikes). On the type of roads I like, your speed isn't really limited by HP, it's limited by sight-lines, and bravery, and the ability to scoot out of a corner or carry stupid amounts of speed into one.

As I get older I drive things with less and less HP, and I get faster and faster

A driver that knows what he's doing will beat the tar out of a motorcycle on any given road. It's a fact & most car drivers don't know what there doing. In all my years I've only come across one person who could keep up on the street while in a automobile, and that was a Super 7. As I gained knowledge and became wiser I took my speed to the track. That was in 1980 and haven't ridden in the street on a regular basis ever since. I find it very monotonous and actually quite boring. Give me a decent automobile and a box of wheat thins any day.

In my opinion, if you want to teach a young person how to drive really well, wait until it snows, a few inches will do. Take them to a big opened parking lot and let them have at it ! I did this with both my boys at very young ages, I controlled the peddles because they couldn't reach, they loved to do it, the wife on the other hand................?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast