Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Injectors

What fence ? Just hand it to him. With the exception of boarder crossings, there is no fence.

So quick update on my AFV 75% saga. I removed the injectors 4 weeks back without removing the throttle body. Everything in there was covered with road grime. I had the injectors cleaned (flow test and pattern test not completed, not available locally) and then they were reinstalled. I started the bike and hooked up buelltooth and the bike sounded better, no backfiring off throttle, AFV was now 100%. My brother had to test ride the bike because I was in a vehicle accident breaking bones on my left side. When he did the road test he said the bike bogs down past 30% throttle position. Can rev freely in neutral and reach red line below 30% throttle positioning. Now I did walk him through the tps reset from my hospital bed and he is mechanically capable. Still bogged down. At the moment I still can't do anything on the bike yet but am looking for input.

-recheck install of velocity stack and injectors
    -check fuel pressure when I can
    -reset tps again

Thats the three routes I came up with.

There was a previous post about a guy having this issue at 1/8th throttle but the outcome was never posted on the forum.

If all those don't yield any results, I will just wait until the bike gets tore down to replace gaskets, and then verify if it was bored out or not and dyno test if it was bored out. But that's further down the line, and assuming I don't get laid off during this sh it.
    Last edited by cocoabutterlover; 09-23-2020 at 03:47 PM.

Air horn installed correctly?

Airhorn being the velocity stack? That's on the list to check. But I'm 1 to 2 weeks away from being able to do that. I'd be happy if it ends up being something that simple after all this

Yes. Some people have reported that the velocity stack/air horn not being fitted correctly caused driveability problems. I would have not guessed that to be an issue, but apparently it is.

Some people will use a large zip tie to help compress and hold the spring clamp. It can be a bear for a single pair of hands.

The part that's juked is the rubber that butt's against the air cleaner hold down. It has an upper and lower portion. One flap underneath and the other on top.

Yeah I usually keep an eye out for that too to make sure it's properly sealed. But I will have a look at the stack first and hope I find something became loose as it was put together.

On the airhorn... inside the TB there should be NO gap between the rubber and the throttle bore and yes it has two seals, one above and one below the airbox base.
    Quote Originally Posted by 34nineteen View Post
    Some people will use a large zip tie
    Some people will use a large tool:
    32A65EA3-7C87-4E1D-A809-F109A1B04D89.jpg

If the AFV is at 100 with an even close-to-correct fuel map, and the bike is bogging under hard acceleration, it can be a sign of a weak or compromised fuel pump assembly. Tee in a gauge and see what it does under hard acceleration. Should be a rock solid 49-50psi.
    Last edited by Cooter; 09-25-2020 at 05:04 PM.

An easy way to deal with the airhorn clamp. Slip a pair of small nutdrivers or very small sockets with an extension over the ears and squeeze them together. I could never get the ziptie trick to work, or any set of pliers, visegrips or channel locks to hold without slipping.

Update: the velocity stack got loose and moved up to cut the air flow off at a certain pressure. Fixed that. Buddy rode the bike h jome, I still haven't rode it to verify first hand if the ijnjector cleaning did anything.
    https://youtu.be/ARQGlH3ucMQ
    https://youtu.be/PmOrYO_jJpE

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234