Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Injectors

Take it out and check it.

So it idles and runs OK, wants to lift the front wheel in 3rd and... wait, whats the problem?

I would bet the house it's not a 1350. Possibly a 1250, slightly possible a 1275. I imagine NHRS keeps engine numbers on file and worth a call.
    AFV at 75!?! Thats lower than most AFV limit settings(!!)

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    So it idles and runs OK, wants to lift the front wheel in 3rd and... wait, whats the problem?

I would bet the house it's not a 1350. Possibly a 1250, slightly possible a 1275. I imagine NHRS keeps engine numbers on file and worth a call.
    AFV at 75!?! Thats lower than most AFV limit settings(!!)
    It wouldn't be a nhrs kit but good call I will check that regardless. Yeah so when I did the leaky injector test I couldn't see that well into the throttle body to tell if it was leaky or not. I think I will order a new set of injectors since the engine is coming out for a gasket and cooling fan swap soon.

These are 60lb injectors. If your injectors are not stock, It will be obvious when you look at them.

Quote Originally Posted by mike lowary View Post
    These are 60lb injectors. If your injectors are not stock, It will be obvious when you look at them.

The NRHS cylinders have their logo cast into them. At least mine did.

Quote Originally Posted by 34nineteen View Post
    The NRHS cylinders have their logo cast into them. At least mine did.
    All 3 sets of my nrhs cylinders had Dans logo. Only the 1170 jugs didn’t. They have zippers logo

Dang Mike, those injectors are:
    Unknown.jpeg!!

Not sure what gaskets you mean Cocoa, but putting in a new fan is super fast if you hang the rear of the bike and pull off the rear shock. 1/2 a beer job. Don't forget to put in a new O2 sensor while you're in there, The Lords of Irony demand it fails right after you put in a fan, LOL.

Damb cooter is that miss april 1987

Mikey’s little monster motor. That motor is going to be hella fun!

Quote Originally Posted by cocoabutterlover View Post
    I have a follow up question to injectors. I'm in Canada, and I have no Credit Card so online ordering is limited (and very expensive with cross border orders with taxes).

Is there a source that people know of that's accessible in Canada? H-D dealer said they were no longer procurable.
    But I read online a Ford injector may work but it never clarified which model year and type. OR where I can actually order the Siemens injectors from.

*Engine Background* Allegedly bored out to about 1350cc, not sure if previous owner changed to large injectors or not but last fall my AFV was at 75% on last check. The ECM allegedly has a custom tune done to it as well, with K&N intake and Jardine can. Intake seals have been replaced. It's just that it doesn't feel like it has as much oomph as it should and the AFV of 75%.
    I'm in Wa, We could meet on either side of the border fence and toss parts up and over....

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast