Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The New Buell Motorcycle Team

The New Buell Motorcycle Team

Emailed the New Buell and asked if they would be supporting the older bikes. Below is their response:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not sure what HD's plans are but Historical Buell model tooling and parts inventory was and is still controlled by Harley Davidson. In the next few months, we will have resources available to help with technical questions. Please keep an eye on the website for a tech contact in the coming months!
    Thanks,
    - The Buell Motorcycle Team

Ed: hoping you had a very nice easter. whomever issued you that response is correct re. tooling and OEM parts inventory. one of the desirable NLA parts originally produced by an outside vendor...and i'm not at liberty to divulge that vendors' identity...are the transluscent windscreen and airbox covers in cherry bomb-hero blue-orange krate-kickash. still having H-D corporate friends and contacts....i've been pestering them as well as the original OEM supplier to produce a batch of each. they actually are considering it, but the quantities are the "sticking point". not giving up hope.

John

Hi John - I did, hope yours was nice as well.

St. Paul HD/Buell doesn't seem to have as much stuff on their web site. Hope this isn't the beginning of the end. Fortunately I finished up everything on both bikes last year, so it will be awhile before I need anything.

Ed

I would love a kickash airbox cover and wind screen. Fingers crossed

Just because I really want a set of translucents I have contemplated making a form and trying different techniques to vacuum form my own. I know it wouldn't be the same but. Damn they are literal unobtanium

Twin Motorcycles is creating replica replacements, sold as airbox cover/flyscreen sets. Haven't actually inquired on price since I don't need that temptation in my life...

https://www.twinmotorcycles.nl/websh...&cid=315&s=&a=

The ones from Vietnam weren't bad at all. That was only a few years ago and I still want a crystal clear set!

What color you looking for? I've got a nice looking factory Orange screen and airbox that I'd be willing to let go of for a fair price.

I'd pick them up just to have them and swap onto the Ss for fun

I did the same but found the orange clashed with the red wheels far too much. They don't have any badges on them but they're in pretty good shape. I could get pics tomorrow if you'd like.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast