Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: 1170

Quote Originally Posted by mike lowary View Post
    Now I got 300 miles to go on breakin. Gotta keep it under 5k. Closer to 4k if possible. It’s gonna be tough!
    I had to do this with my Sportster, TWICE! It is agonizing.

Magnesium Mike FTW!

Sounds good so far !

Dyno scheduled for Saturday the 15th. Thoughts so far. It’s everything I hoped it would be. Anything other than very light throttle in 1st gear results in an instant wheelie. 2nd gear power wheelies anytime over 4k rpm. If I hit it hard in 3rd gear I get a knee high power wheelie at 6k rpm. Unbelievable how fast this thing revs. The only down side I’ve noticed is that the rpms drop really damn fast. Even cruising around I gotta shift quick to keep things smooth. Not a big deal.

Dyno scheduled for Saturday the 15th. Thoughts so far. It’s everything I hoped it would be. Anything other than very light throttle in 1st gear results in an instant wheelie. 2nd gear power wheelies anytime over 4k rpm. If I hit it hard in 3rd gear I get a knee high power wheelie at 6k rpm. Unbelievable how fast this thing revs. The only down side I’ve noticed is that the rpms drop really damn fast. Even cruising around I gotta shift quick to keep things smooth. Not a big deal.
    Man, that's so cool. I know you're stoked. Kudos on all the hard work you've put into your bike.

Quote Originally Posted by kz6fittycent View Post
    Man, that's so cool. I know you're stoked. Kudos on all the hard work you've put into your bike.
    I appreciate it. Been a long time coming.

Told ya so! Cooter was totally wrong.

Ya dan just threw some aluminum plugs in there. Looks like ray charles drilled the holes with his feet. Won’t see it installed in the frame anyways. I didn’t complain about it too much
    I just picture Ray Charles smiling while he performed this "machine" work. :P

Shh! Shhh!!! We’re waiting for the dyno results!!!

We’re dying here magnesium mike!

I guessed I came late to the party what was done to make it rev so quickly the thread started with a picture of assembled cases

The bottom end was sent to dark horse crank works. Had them do a complete case rebuild and install a brand new 2008 xb9 crank thats been knife edged and balanced. I’ll try to make a video today of the revs. Rear cylinder is tuned. Moving to front cylinder today. Making progress baby!

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast