Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: 1170

Quote Originally Posted by mike lowary View Post
    The bottom end was sent to dark horse crank works. Had them do a complete case rebuild and install a brand new 2008 xb9 crank thats been knife edged and balanced. I’ll try to make a video today of the revs. Rear cylinder is tuned. Moving to front cylinder today. Making progress baby!
    Dude...you did it right. That's awesome. I might need to stay in touch with you when I decide to do this....

Quote Originally Posted by kz6fittycent View Post
    Dude...you did it right. That's awesome. I might need to stay in touch with you when I decide to do this....
    Do that. I’m full of info. I’d be happy to answer any questions

Was out tuning yesterday. Coming out of my favorite left hander wide open in 2nd gear, I managed to look down just in time to see the tach needle touch 8 grand. I grab 3rd. As the front wheel came up I had this calming feeling come over me. And I knew at that point, all is good.

sounds like a hoot to ride, enjoy!

I have tamed the beast! Both cylinders tuned. So smooth down low. 5th gear 2k rpm cruising no problem. Dyno on schedule for tomorrow morning.

Mike Lowary for President!

I tried guys. Unfortunately the dyno was a bust. The guys wideband on his dyno was reading wrong. I mistakenly trusted this douche bag and richened up my air fuel mixture to where HE said it was safe. So. At 11:1 afr at wot I put down 95hp and 69lb. I should have trusted my gut and did a run first on my tune instead of listening to this guy. Just be a use you own a dyno doesn’t mean you know how to operate one. I’m done bitching and moaning. I’ve regrouped and retuned. The numbers are very low. A pig rich 11:1 afr will do that. I want revenge. I rescheduled a dyno run on the same dyno in 2 weeks. This next time I’ll do just a numbers pull, no air/fuel reading. It’s not over by a long shot...

My stock 9 makes 69lb ft of torque. No way that thing will do 3rd gear power wheelies. Not even close. This is why I’m not worried about the numbers. The power is there. Just have to show it

Here is the graph. The afr shows pretty good on this paper but in reality it was 11:1 or less. And apparently i had the rev limiter set at 7800. I tried really hard not to be the guy that comes back from the dyno with nothing but excuses, but here i am making excuses. Enough said till i have my correct dyno results.

Quote Originally Posted by mike lowary View Post
    Here is the graph. The afr shows pretty good on this paper but in reality it was 11:1 or less. And apparently i had the rev limiter set at 7800. I tried really hard not to be the guy that comes back from the dyno with nothing but excuses, but here i am making excuses. Enough said till i have my correct dyno results.

Its all part of the ups and downs of the 1170 story. Its not over 'til you get a proper pull... or put a rod through the case.

Its weird that the torque and hp lines are crossing over at 6250-ish instead of 5252.

Last edited by 34nineteen; 08-20-2020 at 05:26 PM.

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast