Thread: Oil change question

Oil change question

I have been changing my oil for years and i came across a you tube video on accident that talks avout draining oil on the right side from the crankcase i believe. Is that a thing?

In the video it looks like he is unscrewing the pressure relief valve. I have attached the Youtube i came across.

https://youtu.be/zamcu3uIqbA

I saw that video as well. I guess if you want to, you can do it... but if something goes askew or gets lost or gets put together backwards/wrong, you may be hosed. I wouldn't do it. You'll never get all the old oil out anyhow, unless you tear down the motor anyhow.

When you ask " well what could go wrong? how could I assemble it backwards?", I can direct you to more than a few threads where people have hooked up their battery cables backwards. Not saying you will... but...

^ this.

Don't get fancy. Drain the oil, refill, ride.

that vid was floated on here years ago. he's either a Kiwi or OZ hammer-mechanic. Dobe-1 will know by linguistics.

DO NOT EVER DO THIS! ever.

Don't get Fancy, just get Dancy. NO need to get every drop out, there isn't any significant quantity hiding anywhere. Just drain it, fill it, ride it.

I always put some fresh oil in to get what it can on it's way out the drain hole then put it back together. Run it till it's clear doesn't take much. Just something I've always done.