Thread: 2 consecutive bearing failures. I need help bad

Threaded View

Dude, RTFM. Even if you don't ever touch a tool, you can be informed and make decisions accordingly.

I think outthere means the correct bearing installation tool, instead of the hammer your 'mechanic' is surely using to install and remove them. The picture and part number are in the Freaking Free Service Manual.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    The only way I can imagine that the wheel hub is scratched (where the bearing outer race rides, is if someone uses a claw hammer, sticks, and rocks to change a bearing. NOT the sign of a professional, I should know

Another sign of weak mechanic is repeated visits for the same problem on a simple (and fairly universal) part like a clutch.

Sorry to say, he's probably a very nice and helpful guy, but your repeated issues aren't coming from the bike.

Wanna fix this issue forever? Buy a NEW, COMPLETE, rear wheel. I have a new one complete with new bearings and spacers to sell you, or find them all over e-bay. Install by using the simple steps IN THE MANUAL.

If thats too rich for your blood, and you still want to go to this guy...

Watch him take the wheel off and remove the bearings. Stop him right there. Take close up pictures of both sides. Post them here and detail HOW he did it.
    Last edited by Cooter; 06-14-2020 at 04:54 PM.