Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: EBR master cylinder?

Quote Originally Posted by outthere View Post
    I think I'm going to send the forks to Race Tech and have gold valves installed on both rebound. & comp. Question is will I notice a difference?
    I wouldnt think the gold valves would have any sort of benefit to the stock Showa setup. As I understand it (and correct me if I'm wrong) , but the gold valves are designed to add adjustability to a non adjustable front end... like damper rods or a non-adjustable cartridge. IMO, the stock front end is a very nice piece for all but a pro racer. That said, you are much more of a badass on the bike than I am.

Race tech offers gold valves for a Buell. They explain what the differences are compared to stock. The rebuild is a fixed price no matter if stock parts are used or there valves. For $360 I'll try em'. The entire bike is way better than what I'm use to riding. The track bike I had before this was an RD Yamaha. I had a small fortune invested in that bike. Got tired of fixing it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I'm backtracking on the Race Tech mod's. Just going to service the suspension myself. If I botch it, I'll seek help. I have my eye on another coffee grinder so I'll add that $700 to the grinder fund.

The forks on the Yamaha were modded by RT but there archaic in comparison.

Glad you got that switch gone, 1/2 a beer job, right? Haha. I'm also looking for a type of brake pad that is much more aggressive than the street EBC "HH" ones I have now. Are Ferodos that much better?

Aaron is right that the OE Showa is a great fork for our bikes, I don't know anything about the Gold Valves, but fork oil weight choice is critical and your suspension looks to be bottoming according to your zip tie.
    I'm sure you can handle the oil and seal swap. I recommend getting the spring tool, well worth $20 for even one time. Lots of step-by-step instructions out there.
    https://www.buellxb.com/forum/showth...ervice-by-NCCR

Hot Damn that RD is sweet Is there anything better than 2-smoke in the morning on track day??

Fork preload perfect according to Dave Moss. Ferodo Pads are very nice and feel great at the lever. Another good pad for track use is Vesrah. Real strong initial bite.

Awesome, thanks for the info I'll get a set on the way. The tiny Horse thief Mile track at Willow Springs, taught me how dang huge the EBR is Especially after getting a session on a buddies Husky. WOW.

https://www.husqvarna-motorcycles.co...moto-2020.html

Ok dumb question time.... How did you know the forks were too high? The stock ones have that stopper ring, but how do you make sure the bike is level when you don't have a 'stop'?
    I'm swapping tress and forks soon, granted I'm using a stock tree but I am wondering that if I didn't go with stock.
    Outthere, nice bike.

I have a set of diamond blues wheels as well...

I thought you meant 3/8" rearwards 'chopper style' not 3/8" lower...

I’m not going to say anything.

Top clamp on a XB12r is a bit different than the one I use as far as thickness goes and the way it takes up slack at the bearing. Turns out the difference is only 3/16". Should still make a diff. the way the bike behaves on turn in. I'll take pics when I service the forks.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast