Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: EBR master cylinder?

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post

34:19, what makes you like the axial system better? It is a cleaner look for sure, but that would be an anomaly
    I just like the feel of the lever action on an axial setup (usually). I think a lot of the hype to go to radial spurs from the radial mounting of calipers to modern forks. I do think radial is the better way to mount caliper, but I think most people are sold on the "radial is better hype". Granted, I'm not going to switch out a perfectly fine working radial m/c for a axial.

I also prefer m/c's with integrated reservoirs for the aesthetics.

Makes sense. Anything even slightly off in the brake system would be a bigger feel-difference so it's hard to compare back to back. I would think the difference would be so small a Luddite like me could never tell, but a the radial M/C on the Buell seems tighter, like less lever movement to activation. Maybe it's in my head? Thats why I brought up the Oberon thing. I never would have guessed it would have made any difference, especially a measurable one that big!

I like the integrated reservoir for a street bike too, much cleaner looking.

integrated reservoir? Havent seen those, but haven't been looking.
    Cooter, seems the brake rotor hardware came in? My set is on the way as well.
    I have a the ZTL2 setup and the EBR mc to swap onto my 9R. I like the feel of the brakes on the EBR vs the 'Bolt but that is probably apples to lemmings comparo.

On the subject of EBR M/C's and being in the middle of trying to upgrade the rear master cylinder on the XB, what about an EBR rear MC? Cooter found the thread I convinced myself that I read. AZ midget's rear mc upgrade. That thread suggests an 11mm rear MC offers a good ratio.

Cooter, Being a Luddite, why would you want to embrace the technology of better brakes?

Integrated, like the stock Buell linear ones. Reservoir and piston are all in one casting.

Thats good to hear about the hardware, There's at least 2 versions of that EBR hardware that I know of and I have 'almost' complete sets of both. GRRRR! I HATE missing hardware...

Not that the ZTL were even that bad but the whole EBR M/C, EBR hardware, ZTL2 upgrade made a huge difference to the STT. One finger lock-up if I was a crazy person. Proper bedding on the EBC HH street pads and I love it!

OK. Maybe Luddite was a little strong, LOL. But it's still decade-old tech

^^^^ this is the guy who still has to look on the floorboard of his car for a high beam switch.
    ^^^^ this is the guy who pumps the gas on his rental car before starting it
    ^^^^ this is the guy who has a car that still runs on leaded gas
    ^^^^ this is the guy who still thinks an auto transmission only needs 3 speeds
    ^^^^ this is the guy who misses vent windows
    ^^^^ this is the guy who knows how to avoid vapor lock
    ^^^^ this is the guy who still wants 10 coats of lacquer on his paint job
    ^^^^ this is the guy who is upset that Gabriel doesnt make Hi Jacker shocks anymore.

Aw man, thats a sweet ride. You should put on a set of traction bars and lake pipes.

WHAAAA??? GABRIEL DOES NOT MAKE HIJACKER SHOCKS ANYMORE!?!?!?! You lie!!!

Next you'll try to tell me Santa isn't real

Whew!!! That wasn't me you were talking about. I had all them boxes checked.

I used all seven of my fingers, while nodding "mmm, hmmm, yup". So glad he's LYING about #8, Right!!

Right?

Say it aint so! It's almost time to replace mine
    images.jpeg

All it need is a Keep On Trucking bumper sticker.

Last edited by 34nineteen; 06-25-2020 at 07:42 PM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast