Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Interactive Exhaust Actuator

Thanks Barrett, I see the D shape, just haven't started surgery on mine yet to notice it. Cooter, I struggle with the urge to install a D&D, Drummer (do they still make them?) or other aftermarket muffler, but, I'm certain that I will want the quiet and torquey stock one back. I expect that there is a trade-off for the smooth power of stock and the cool loud but more top end power of aftermarket. This actuator malfunction has revealed to me how well the stock system works...when it works that is.

Quote Originally Posted by tinknocker View Post
    how well the stock system works...
    I agree with this... however it is interesting that the XB9 doesnt use this valve setup.

To each their own I find the stock mufflers too sewing-machine quiet, but I'm currently finding my Buells all too loud to enjoy because of the pipes I put on them haha. The Brutalé with it's stock triple pipes is pretty rad and I worry less about the revenue-building 'enforcement' around these parts.

Theres a happy medium for everyone. IMO the full bodied mufflers are all very reasonable in volume, it's when you go with the little can types it gets annoying. Opinions abound...

It is too quiet... however I am finding most aftermarket exhausts to be too loud for me. The race pipe is a good happy medium for me.

Mmmmm. Race pipe. Ya, I want one for that exact reason. Too bad most sellers think they were made from metal cast from Thors Hammer, blessed by virgins, and carried by Simba himself from the vast wastelands of Wisconsin.

You could make a race pipe. Just take a stock muffler and replicate the race setup. I think there is a pic on your buddy's site showing a race pipe cut open.

There is also a voucher for unlimited free beer valid throughout the US on his site, next to the race pipe.

Without this motivation ^^^^^ Cooter just lays on the couch all day watching Springer re-runs and asking Bubbles over and over if he still looks like George Clooney.

Hey! It looks like he renamed himself from Buelltooth to Revision Moto. Thanks for not telling us, Coots.

https://www.rev-mo.com/exhaust

Last edited by 34nineteen; 07-31-2020 at 06:42 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123